Acupuncture Debuts On The Oprah Winfrey Show

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-28 12:03:23
| Show all posts |Read mode

Oprah's viewers experienced the life changing benefits of acupuncture first hand. Thanks to Oprah's infamous Dr. Oz and Daniel Hsu L.Ac., D.A., A.V.I., a doctoral fellow at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, viewers were able to see the true benefits of acupuncture and pain management in a clinical trial held during the show. Daniel Hsu founded the New York AcuHealth Center after completing a Masters of Science in Traditional Oriental Medicine at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine. He is well known for his meticulous knowledge of Oriental medicine.
During the show Dr. Oz, Oprah's resident medical expert, displayed strong support for Chinese medicine by saying "acupuncture has been around for 2,500 years in China. There are a billion people in another part of the world who use these therapies." In a time where Western medicine is slowly opening to global medical techniques, many medical professionals, like Dr. Oz, are becoming extremely interested in therapies that treat the body's energy. As he stated "The next big frontier...in medicine is energy medicine. It's not the mechanistic part of the joints moving. It's not the chemistry of our body. It's understanding for the first time how energy influences how we feel." Energy therapy is the root of Chinese medicine, a fact that many Oprah viewers now understand.

During the show Angela was treated for severe shoulder pain. She had previously seen several doctors, and tried massage, but was unable to alleviate the constant radiating pain from her shoulder. After only one treatment by Daniel Hsu L.Ac., she reported her pain 100% gone, even after being pressed by Oprah. Her response to the treatment was "I'm on cloud nine. I feel rejuvenated. The pain...I don't feel it. I feel wonderful," a glowing recommendation for acupuncture treatment.

Even Oprah joined in and received a wellness treatment. She was admittedly scared of the needles, but after being reassured and receiving the treatment she exclaimed that, "It's really not that bad. It's not as bad as getting your ears pierced, I'll tell you that." Considering she had waited 51 years to get her ears pierced, that was definitely a compliment.

By sharing the theories behind Chinese medicine as well as dispelling many myths and fears surrounding acupuncture, this show opened up a whole new view of healthy living and therapy for many viewers. Daniel Hsu L.Ac. acted as a great ambassador for the field of Chinese medicine. His obvious passion and knowledge left Oprah's viewers with an extremely positive impression of acupuncture.

From Healthy.net

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-03-29 22:27 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list