[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-27 14:25:50
| Show all posts |Read mode

Practitioners of Tuina

Tuina is a clinical practice based on the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). An expert physician of Tuina should be well versed in the knowledge of both Chinese and Western medicines, and has mastered the professional theories and skills needed for clinical diagnosis and treatment.

While performing Tuina, the physician concentrates his mind, regulates his breathing, and actuates the Qi and power of his entire body towards his hands. Even when exertion of strength is needed, the physician should never hold his breath or break his concentration.

Techniques of the Trade

Some of the techniques used in the art of Tuina include:

Tui: Pressing and dragging
Na: Grasping
An: Pressing
Mo: Palm rubbing
Rou: Kneading
Dian: Finger pressing
Ca: Rubbing
Gun: Rolling
Zhen: Vibrating
Cuo: Twist and rub
Mo: Wiping
Tina: Lift and grasp
Anrou: Press and knead
Boyun: Forearm kneading
Ji: Beating or drumming
Pai: Patting
Dou: Shaking
Yao: Rotating
Ban: Pulling
Bashen: Extending

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Visitor

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-27 14:26:02
| Show all posts

Do you have some kind of reinforce and reduce ways in Tuina?
Thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Visitor

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-27 14:26:13
| Show all posts

[size=10:ec1bb78ed3][Just restoring my post which has been deleted due to the Medboo server crash (16-08-2006)][/size:ec1bb78ed3].

Dear Firefox,

Thank you for you interesting series on Chinese massage ([i:ec1bb78ed3]tuina[/i:ec1bb78ed3]).

For those who read [i:ec1bb78ed3]Spanish[/i:ec1bb78ed3], there is a book called [i:ec1bb78ed3]Manual de Masoterapia China[/i:ec1bb78ed3] ([i:ec1bb78ed3]Chinese Massage Therapy Manual[/i:ec1bb78ed3]), published in the context of the National Programme on Complementary Medicine of Peru in collaboration with the World Health Organisation and Pan-American Health Organisation (Lima, 2000). The book is available for downloading (PDF, 8.7 Mb) free of charge from the Virtual Library of Health, Equality, and Development of Ecuador (by Pan-American Health Organisation/Ecuador) and may be freely copied and distributed:
http://www.opsecu.org/bevestre/nuevos%20artículos/Libros/Masoterapia/capitulos%201-2-3.pdf

I would really appreciate it if your could look through that book and express your opinion on whether [i:ec1bb78ed3]tuina[/i:ec1bb78ed3] techniques have been presented there in the correct way. (If you do not read Spanish, you can still look through the numerous pictures. The first half of the book, up to page 84, is about TCM theory and diagnosis. The description of the techniques of [i:ec1bb78ed3]tuina[/i:ec1bb78ed3] starts from page 85.)

Thank you in advance.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-03-29 14:46 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list