Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-05-06 09:20:18
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear K.H,
1). If it's not a very bad scar, the meridian won't be influenced too much.
Caesarean section could cause some damage in terms of meridians, but not really noticeable.
In accordance with TCM theory, the meridian system is important, but the internal organs are more important. So, even a meridian is damaged, but the internal organs are well, the body could still function normally.
And the meridian system is also very complicated, so when one part of one certain meridian is damaged, the meridian may have some collaterals or bypasses to run its Qi and blood.
There COULD be a stagnation! That's why there would be a itching or pain long time after the heal of the wound or the cut.
But this stagnation would be quite mild, not really disturbe the flow of Qi in the whole meridian as we just said the bypasses or the collaterals would help . As we all know, many people would not have any bad feeling after Caesarean section or other surgical operations.
So these meridians would work well even one has got twice of Caesarean section, so don't worry about it.
However the hysterectomy is another story!!! That would be very bad to females! The source of the meridian has been cut, so what will happen?
And it's an ORGAN .

2). That would be bad!
The meridian is still existing, at least to fulfill the action of transporting the Qi and blood as a part of the meridian system.
But for sure it won't be able to spread the Qi of its pertaining organ.

This is mostly concerned with gallbladder, spleen, and stomach. For sure, the life quality is undermined very much.

Yes, they may survive for quite a period of time, but they must be very careful in their daily life, especially the gastrectomy, those with which won't live long after the operation.

These are my personal opinions and hope they are clear and convincing.

Bye!
Best regards
David King

[quote:2ed5da7ab0]Dear David King

I read with interest the topic: "Where will meridian change when people lost limbs?" http://www.ontcm.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=450

And I have similary questions:

1. How is a meridian influenced by a scar?
Normally, superficially scars, which are good healed up shouldn´t make problems.
But I could imagine, that if there are several scars in an area, e.g., in women after Caesarean section, these could influence the meridians considerably.
Even if you cut in the same area repeatedly, e.g., 2 Caesarean sections or Caesarean section and hysterectomy.
And also the sometimes resulting adhesions could lead to lasting energetic disturbances.

In my opinion, there will be a stagnation, due to the impaired flow.
Can this leads to a tailback?

I wonder, if a meridian can make collaterals in this affected area?

Regarding to my Caesarean section example, the following superficially and deeply going meridians can be concerned:

the Ren, Kidney-, Stomach-Meridian,
the deep branches of the Spleen- and Liver-Meridian, which move to the Ren-meridian,
the Yinqiao-Meridian (runs directly to the genital area and deep into the belly room)
and the Chong-Meridian (refers to the uterus).

I would say, that there could be a stronger energetic disturbance, because there are so many meridians of the meridian net concerned.

2. How is a meridian influenced by removing its interconnected organ?
I think, this meridian must have a deficiency, because its organ is missing, isn't that right?
And then the following meridian, e.g. cholecystectomy, the gallblader-meridian can´t support the liver-Meridian effectively.

I don´t know, if the meridan system can balance this quite out or if there will be an imbalance for ever.

And thinking about the scars due to the removal, there also could be a stagnation.

These are my thoughts ... but I´m not quite sure, if I´m right!
I hope, you have time to explain.
Bye and best regards!
K. H[/quote:2ed5da7ab0]

------------------------------------

David King

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:33 pm    

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-04-26 07:18 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list