Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time: 2009-05-06 09:19:41
| Show all posts |Read mode

Dear ZL,
Let's discuss your questions.
1). For sure we won't insert the needle to the artery or veins, and I think nobody would do that!
It's not dangerous at all.

2). Yes, the conception vessel never runs to the wrist, so Lieque (LU 7) is a point of lung meridian, but it's a confluent point, which will be described in details in course D.

3). The word "indication" means the disorders this acupoint is good to treat. This is a commonly used word in medicine.

4). Some people may have a big mucle at the heel, some may have a smaller one, so to do a big muscle one may do deeper, while to do a small muscle, one may do shallower. So is the depth from half to one cun.

5). If so, there will be a VERY BAD hematoma!
And later, there will be a large area of bruise.
When you really thrust a big artery, you should take out the needle and press the needled place as hard as possible.
Fortunately it's difficult for a beginner to penetrate an artery, so you don't have to worry too much.
While you are thrusting a needle, if you feel a strong resistance under the needle, you'd better change the place or change the angle of thrusting.

I think it's also very important for one to know where the big arteries are.
So read the text carefully and see where there are big arteries.

Bye!
Dr. King

[quote:c7c4262d90]Dear Dr. King,

More questions,

1). [b:c7c4262d90]Lieque (LU 7) and
Regional anatomy:
Vasculature: The cephalic vein and the branches of the radial artery and vein.[/b:c7c4262d90]
when I insert the needle in Lieque, that mean I poke into an artery and vein? Is that danger?

2). Why Lieque (one of the Eight Confluent Points, LU 7) , conception vessel never runs to that area (wrist)?

3). how to understand “Indications” here? Is that a sign when people feel hurt in that acupiont? Or, we can give patient treatment in that acupoint when the patient “Cough, asthma……….”?

4). [b:c7c4262d90]Kunlun (Jing-River Point, BL 60)
Method: Insert the needle perpendicularly, 0.5-1 cun deep.[/b:c7c4262d90]

Why the Kunlun can be inserted for 0.5~1 cun, that area is very thin, the needle almost poke through our food.

5). How bad if we insert a needle in a big artery by mistake? What can we do in that case?

Thanks

ZL[/quote:c7c4262d90]

-------------------------------

David King

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:05 am    

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-04-19 06:10 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list