Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-05-05 18:11:08
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear Dr. David King

I'm getting on with my first lesson on " A brief introduction of Acupuncture and moxibustion".

I have doubts about the section on : " From the apex of the axilla to the free end of the 11th rib (Zhangman, LR13) ~ 12 cun, longitudinal measurement." Whereas, "from the anterior and posterior axilla folds to the cubital creaste ~ 9 cun , longitudinal measurement." If I am not wrong for me to say that the cubital creaste is about the same alignment with the Zhangman, LR13. If that is the case, the measurement of the former should be about the same i.e. 9 cun. or slightly more and it can't be 3 cun more.

My observation can be wrong. Your kind comment is sought, please.

Cordial regards.

Chenkc

-------------------------------

Chenkc

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:17 am    

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
Post time: 2009-05-05 18:11:31
| Show the author posts only

[quote:49758da76b="Chenkc"]

I have doubts about the section on : " From the apex of the axilla to the free end of the 11th rib (Zhangman, LR13) ~ 12 cun, longitudinal measurement." Whereas, "from the anterior and posterior axilla folds to the cubital creaste ~ 9 cun , longitudinal measurement." If I am not wrong for me to say that the cubital creaste is about the same alignment with the Zhangman, LR13. If that is the case, the measurement of the former should be about the same i.e. 9 cun. or slightly more and it can't be 3 cun more.

My observation can be wrong. Your kind comment is sought, please.

[/quote:49758da76b]

Dear Chenkc,
Personally I think there is a difference between the distance" from the apex of the axilla to the free end of the 11th rib (Zhangman, LR13) ~ 12 cun." and that "from the anterior and posterior axilla folds to the cubital creaste ~ 9 cun." If you place your arm very close to the lateral chest (the ribs) and drop it down with the elbow fully flexed, you may find the cubital crease is in fact evidently higher than the eleventh rib.
So, that's probably why the ancient literatures and the State Standard of Acupoints in China have worked out the figures.
OK, that's my personal understanding and more different opinions and comments are welcome.

---------------------------

David King
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:02 am    

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
Post time: 2009-05-05 18:12:00

Dear Dr. King,

Thank you. I agree with you if the bending of the forearm is a way of defining the position of cubital crease. Is this the general practice in locating of cubital crease ? I'm not trying to challenge the well established system but I just wish to clear my own doubt and I hope, you would not mind for me to ask such a naive question, please.

Chenkc

---------------------------------

Chenkc

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:29 am    

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
Post time: 2009-05-05 18:12:24

Dear Chenck
That IS the general practice of locating the cubital crease!

I know you are not challenging something and your questions, opinions, and comments are welcome in any sense.

--------------------------

David King

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:39 am    

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
5#
Post time: 2009-05-05 18:12:48

[quote:978bd3e711="David King"]Dear Chenck
That IS the general practice of locating the cubital crease!

I know you are not challenging something and your questions, opinions, and comments are welcome in any sense. [/quote:978bd3e711]

Dear Dr. King,

Thank you. I'm really appreciated for the feedback. Thanks.

KC

-----------------------------

Chenkc

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:20 am    

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-04-20 21:38 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list