Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-30 14:10:44
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear AA
In China, influenza could be treated with either western medicine or traditional Chinese medicine. I don't think we have any special treatment for it, the TCM physicians would prescribe the herbal formulas to the patients according to their symptoms and signs, so each individual physician would prescribe different formulas to different patients and different physicians would prescibe different formulas to the same patients, so that's traditional Chinese medicine.
However, majority of physicians would make good differentiation of cold or heat syndromes, so would use the right herbs accordingly. But it's hard to find two identical prescriptions for two patients. That's not so important, the importance is the same treating principle.

Prophylaxis ,Vaccines and Symptomatic are also used in China, but they are the measures of western medicine.
In traditional Chinese medicine, we don't have the vaccines, but we do have the prophylaxis and symptomatic ideas. To prescribe a formula, some herbs may be taken as being symptomatic. When the influenza is spreading, some families or schools or offices would take some herbs as the way of prophylaxis. However nowadays, in pace with the advance of modern medicine, more and more people prefer the vaccines, not really taking the herbs.
In general, the harm of influenza is not so severe to Chinese population than to the European ones, I don't know why. In China, it's very rare that people would die of influenza, I seldom hear of the death rate of influenza. It's not really worthy of the calculation.

Ok, hope it's what you are looking for.

Bye!
Best regards
miraculous hands

[quote:db961826cf]Dear miraculous hands, Hi.
I have some doubt about influenza.
When we talk about ,Syndrome differentiation with influenza,mention.
1-Wind-Cold Syndrome and Wind -Heat Syndrome and in the pag #2, I can read the treatment for both of them.
Now.TCM have special treatment for the influenza? or is the same thing that we do here in the west:1-Prophylaxis ,Vaccines and Symptomatic.
Thank you

AA[/quote:db961826cf]

-------------------------------------------------

miraculous hands

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:08 am    

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-04-25 04:32 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list