Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-30 11:08:34
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Unlicensed bear farms facing clampdown

Bear bile has been used by practitioners of Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years, and it still a prized commodity.
But when illegal farms keep the animals in poor conditions and extract their bile using painful methods, a forestry official said yesterday, China will clamp down.
Cao Qingyao, spokesman for the State Forestry Administration, made it clear at a press conference in Beijing that the agency stopped granting new licences for bear farms established for bile extraction in 1993.
"Since then, we have prohibited the capturing of wild bears for their bile, which is traditionally believed to have healing power," he said.
There are still more than 200 legal farms in China, holding around 7,000 bears, according to official figures released in 1999.
"There are a few illegal bear farms despite years of attempts by authorities to stem the practice."
Bear bile is highly prized as a cure for a range of complaints such as colon cancer, fever, conjunctivitis and hepatitis C.
Today, many TCM practitioners say it is unnecessary and easily replaced by over 50 effective herbs, as well as a synthetic form of the bile - ursodeoxycholic acid.
Officially licensed and regulated bear farms were set up across China from 1984. Each bear is allowed to be kept, if properly cared for, for about five years. The bile it "milked" during that period is equivalent to the amount of powdered bile gained by killing 220 wild bears, Cao said.

--------------------------------------

miraculous hands

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:38 pm    

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-30 11:08:57
| Show the author posts only

Hello Miraculous Hands,

I'm curious about the Bear Bile as you said it can cure Colon Cancer and other ailments that most of people had to take repetitive synthetic drugs. Unfortunately, it’s production is very cruel to the bears because I have
seen how they take the vile fluid from them which, I may add, is very essential for these animals to live for longer time. How is this Bile give effect onto the human body? How long does a person have to take this if they have some disease that media says has no cure? How much, in weight, do people have to take?

You also mentioned that there is alternative synthetic form - ursodeoxycholic acid. Is this safe to take? Does this give the same benefit as the Bear Bile itself? What are the herbs that are contain in this and what is the formula process to make ursodeoxycholic acid?

-Richiemed

----------------------------------

richiemed

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:18 pm    

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-30 11:09:23
| Show the author posts only

Dear Richiemed,
Nice to meet you here in this forum!
But up to your question, so sorry to tell you I’ve never used bear bile, never in my practice of traditional Chinese medicine!!!
Then I don’t think I could tell you anything about how to use it.
I’m not interested in how the ursodeoxycholic acid is made, for I will never use it.
I myself, prefer the herbal products, not the animal products.
That's also the reason why I made this post, telling more people that we don't have to use the animal products in TCM, maybe the synthetic materials can be used instead. In fact, I don't like the synthetic ones myself. I only like the ones which are growing between the heave and earth.

Possibly my answer is not satisfactory to you, if so, I feel sorry for that.

M.H.

---------------------------------

miraculous hands
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:06 pm    

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-04-28 22:00 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list