[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-30 10:59:57
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear Tutor I have a few questions. One concerns the theory of Hsui-Shui-Chi ,Blood liquid, Air . I was reading in a book called Chinese Herb Medicine and Thearapy by Hong -Yen Hsu and Dr. William G Preacher of this principle , which this text calls the first consideration. it said despite revisons it is still the principle concept in Chinese Medicine. I have studied on the extravasated blood , the shui (liquid) reffered to as phelgm, and the wind evils , the air . But here it refers to the air as the Chi (Qi) , and goes on to say how the accumulation of air in the body results in disease . They called it "Disease air " or Ping Chi ,devided on two types still and moblie . I have also studied the moving of symptoms is a sign of wind illness. It was also devided into ascending air and melancholic air . I am confused in the referance here to calling the air the same as chi (Qi) ? Is air considered some times the same as Qi and is a sicknes of air also considered an accumulation of Qi ? I realize Qi travels with the blood , but so does air, so are they talking of the same thing ? my Next question is this book , when speaking of blood , devides the blood remedies up into three kinds for extravated blood .They, among other identifiers say that if a person is large to give Tauhoechunchiton , which is also refered to as Woman's tea type V containing Tao Ren , Gui Zhi, Da Huang, Gan Cao, and Nitrum Sulfaricum. The last one has me stumped. is this a salt like used in Homeopathy ? How is it purchased and is it in the Chinese Materia Medica as I can not find it . Is this a normal Herbal addition ? They list other formulas if one is Average or Small or delicate in size . Thank you

-----------------------------------

eagles

Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:50 pm  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-30 11:00:19
| Show the author posts only

Dear eagles.
It's a pleasure to meet you here in this forum!

But I don't understand well what you are talking about, it seems you are trying to discuss the fundamentals of traditional Chinese medicine, but this is the forum for herbology.

You have also mentioned some herbal materials, but I asked Tutor and Dr. Hu, you are not studying herbology at the moment.

So what do you mean?

If you are going to talk about the fundamentals, please go back to the forum of course A.

Nitrum Sulfaricum? What's that? I couldn't find it even in Google.
I don't know its Chinese name either.
Are you sure you have a correct spelling?

Miraculous Hands

-------------------------------

miraculous hands

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:02 pm    

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-30 11:00:41

Dear Miraculous Hands. I am not sure why their is any confusion, Actually I have allready passed my exam on the previous studies and I am now on Herbology section, section E, which is why I posted the question here ?? The book in quesion as noted is CHINESE HERB MEDICINE AND THERAPY. SO , it is about Herbal formula . The Herbs in question are mentioned in the section of the book under the title , THE THEORY OF HSUI-SHUI-CHI ( BLOOD-LIQUID - AIR ) . It says if one is a large person to use the formula TAUHOECHUNCHITON ( it lists others if you are medium or small sized ) This formula as I explained in my orriginal question is then listed , as to the contents on page 163. the last thing listed , and I am now reading the book , is" NITRUM SULFARICUM." In Chapter ten their is a section called " Crude Drugs generally prescribed by Chinese Herbal Physicians . On page 205 it lists NATRIUM ( MAGNESIUM) SULFURICUM. It goes on to say constituents , sodium chloride , Potassium nitrate etc. USE: " to treat strong fever and constipation and decrease expectaration." So since I am actually studying the Herbal section and this is an Herbal formula listed in a book on Chinese Herb and medicine therapy , is seems the correct place to ask ? I can not locate this substance exept as a Homeopathic medication and want to know its role in Chinese Herbal formulas , as this book indicates it has , and is written by a Chinese Dr ? I mentioned the Blood ,Air Water question as it was in this section of the book this formula was presented and as stated in this book it seems to mix the qaulities of wind , or air disease with Qi as being one in the same and I have not heard that before and wish an answer to that also . Is an acumulation of wind that causes an ilness the same as an acumulation of Qi ( spelled chi in this book ). I have not seen this presented in this manner by Medboo or the other Chinese texts I have studied . must I post one part of this question on another section then to get a complete answer ? Thank you and please check with the administrator as he can tell you I have the code for the Herbology section and passed the previous tests , thank you . Dr William Sanders

------------------------------

eagles

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:33 pm    

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-30 11:01:07

Dear Dr William Sanders,
I have checked!
You have only passed one exam, that's course A mid-term exam.
At the moment, you are not studying Chinese herbology with Medboo, so I don't think I could answer you the questions on this field.

So if you are interested in Chinese herboloy, please contact the administrative part of Medboo and pay them the fees and then you could study it.
Then if you have any questions about the herbology, you could come and discuss with the friends here.

Still, as to the blood, air and water, please go back to the forum of course A and ask the Tutor therein.

Miraculous Hands

-------------------------------

miraculous hands

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:32 pm    

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
5#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-30 11:07:02

Dear Dr .Sanders,
In fact I think Miraculous Hands is correct, you should still study course A, for you have never taken the final exam of course A!!!

You are learning how to drive a car, but someone gives you a license to drive aircraft, could you dare to drive it?

Ok, it's not wrong to study more, but please just go step by step.

Is that ok to you?

Again I'm sorry for the delay of answering you.

Tutor

------------------------------

tutor

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:15 am    

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
6#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-30 11:07:26

Dear Tutor ok ,I found your reply also on the other forum, thank you . Some times it is hard to controle my questions as I am studying two courses at the same time and reading many extra texts daily . I will try !!!

---------------------------------

eagles

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:29 am    

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-04-29 00:32 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list