Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-30 10:44:06
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear M.H.

I'm sorry that this my question may not specifically regard to the course staffs but it's likely involve to a secrete of herbal effectiveness.

I'm sure you have known about the story of Mr Li Qingyuan or Li Chung-yun who was claimed to live to the age of 256 years (during 1677 to 1930) . It is also reported that Mr Li's extreme longevity was mainly attributed by herbal medicine and Tibetan Goji berries as well as fruit.

It was also said that he gave a lecture at the University of Beijing and serve as professor there.

I don't know if this is a true story, such extreme longevity is far beyond imagination of most people in these days. I'm not sure if China has official evidences on the story. If the story is true it should have profound research on Mr Li's life activities, including his food, his herbal medicine, and his mind management.

This story is very exiting for me. Had ever been any solid research about this story in China? If yes, can you suggest me additional resorces to study it?

On behalf of TCM practitioner, how do you think about it? Do you believe that herbal medicine can effectively extend human lifespan so long like this?

Best regards,

--------------------------

sonus

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:00 pm    

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-30 10:44:27
| Show the author posts only

Dear Sonus,
In fact, it happened I do have an idea about this gentleman, but I think very few TCM practitioners in China would know the name.

I'm not quite sure about the truth or not of his story, but it was said so in 1920s, maybe even in early of 1930s.

I was told he's been practicing Taoist discipline for life long.

So far there's no any official recognition of his longevity, so there's no any formal research concerned.

As to my personal belief to this story, I think you did ask me an embarrassing question, for from the view of traditional Chinese medicine, it's impossible to live so long, I think majority of TCM practitioners in China would think so. However from my personal Taoist view, I think it's possible if one could have a good teacher, a real disciplinary ways and methods, and what is more important, the consistency of practice.

Yes, you are right, it's not a question of traditional Chinese medicine in regard with the ordinary online training!

Tutor

----------------------------

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:28 pm    

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-30 10:44:53

Dear Tutor

Thank you for promt reply. Even if I don't know much about Taoism, I'm quite agree with your view,

[quote:3b94f70f22]I think it's possible if one could have a good teacher, a real disciplinary ways and methods, and what is more important, the consistency of practice.[/quote:3b94f70f22]

This can be adopted for any practicing and purposes, as well TCM, even though it can't help you to have life so long.

I ask myself if it has ways to extend my life to live to the age of 250 years, do I want it? My answer is yes, I want but it's not for ebjoying my long life, it's for seeing the change of the world and everything in the next 250 years. But if the dream comes true, it may be a sad story because you have to live to see your familiar and beloved ones to gradually die one by one.

Well, I'm sorry for so away from the TCM and herbal medicine.
By the way, I'm studying Chinese astrology and Feng Shui by myself, it's not an easy way to learn those science without good teachers. However, it comes as surprise when I found that the both sciences have the same basic principle with TCM. It is five elements and ways to make them in balance.

Thank you

-------------------------------

sonus

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:46 pm    

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-30 10:45:17

Dear Sonus,
I'd also have the same idea as yours.
I do want to live over 100 years!
Or maybe 128, or 148.

Ok, forget it!
Let's try to enjoy a real longevity.

As to the FengShui and Chinese astrology, for sure they have some relations with TCM, that's the philosophic part, Yin and Yang and five elements.

It's exactly the same with those in traditional Chinese medicine.
But they are not traditional Chinese medicine, for they don't observe people as much as TCM.
Yes of course they pay attention to the correlation between the human beings and the nature or the natural environment, but they don't know the details of the human beings.
It's not bad to learn those things, and even they could be combined with TCM, but they are of some other branches of traditional Chinese culture.

It's very pleasant to know that a foreigner is enthusiatically interested in traditional Chinese culture!
I do feel proud of my own culture!!!

Tutor.

-------------------------------

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:22 pm    

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-04-28 00:21 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list