Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-30 10:39:41
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear M.H.:
I am a new Student and would like to ask you about neutral herbs(Effects of four natures). ¿Are they used to reinforce a little bit more the effect with others herbs, cold/ hot or used for Ei. in the last part of treatments ?
Thanks for more explanations,

Yuzun Ley

-----------------------------

yll
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:19 am    

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-30 10:40:09
| Show the author posts only

Dear Yuzun Ley,
Nice to meet you here in this forum!

I'm very happy there's a newcomer in this forum.

As we all know, the herbology is the mainstream of traditional Chinese medicine but it seems less foreign people are interested in this part.

Ok, let's discuss your question.

Yes, in terms of herbology, every herb is of a certain nature, warn, heat, cold, or cool. But small number of herbal materials are not of a distinct nature, so they are known as the neutral ones.
For quite sure the nature is an very important factor for a certain herbal material, however each herb has not only the nature but also the other properties such as taste and actions.
So, a neutral herb can be used to combine with the others according to the taste and actions, as well as the tropism to certian meridians.

I don't think it's good to say the neutral herbs are only used to reinforce the herbs of other natures, every herb has its own action and indication, and every group of herbs has their own too.

The nature of herbal materials only tells how this herb can deal with the nature of a disease, cold or heat, but a disease could be involved in much more than only the nature. In line with the Eight Principles, we have the location, nature, power of the anti-pathogenic force and the pathogenic factors, and the tendency of the transmission and prognosis of the disease. So, it's clear the neutral herbs could be dealing with the other parts of the diseases.

Once more, it's nice to meet you here online!

M.H.

P.S. I'm just curious from you name, are you a Chinese? You don't have to tell me if you are not willing.

-----------------------------------

miraculous hands

Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:15 pm    

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-30 10:40:35

Dear Miraculous Hands:
One of the best things that I noticed in this course, the forum, is all the replies are well done and with the sense of teaching, so first of all thanks for your kind help.
After reading your mail can understand better about neutral herbs,cause your thoughts of medicine is coming from TCM and for us who studied from Universities with a cartesian thoughts,our mind has the prone to take this way several times. But this is my goal, to think as you do so as to treat our patients as the ancients.
From your last question, Yes, my name and both family names are chinese, coming from my grand parents who were Cantonese that emigrated before war with Japanese in the first part of XX century. But my chinese friends always laugh cause said...you look like chinese and name chinese but don´t speak.
Once again I apreciate your help and my apologies because my english.

Regards,

Yuzun Ley

---------------------------

yll

Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:08 pm    

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-30 10:41:04

Dear Yuzun Ley,
I think you made a very high rating to Medboo TCM courses and forums!

Thank you very much for your good wills and the high evaluation to Medboo!

You are welcome to log in here as often as possible.

It's also good to know you are a Chinese, it doesn't matter you speak Chinese or not, you ARE indeed a REAL Chinese.

I'm so pleasant to have the overseas Chinese come to study our own culture, the traditional Chinese medicine.

I also hope one day you come to China and see how traditional Chinese medicine is used to treat patients here. It works very well.

Tutor

--------------------

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:16 am    

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
5#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-30 10:42:15

Dear Yuzun,
In fact in mainland of China, in majority of cases the herbs are used dry. I mean they are dried up first and then put in use.

For sure many fresh herbs are even better effective, but it's difficult to reserve them fresh.

That's the case in China, especially in the North China and in the formal hospitals in South China.

Possibly in some smaller clinics in rurual area, the fresh herbs or the semi-fresh ones can be in use.

The weather and moisture in Viet Nam is totally different from those in China, especially those in North China. So, they have their points to use the fresh or semi-fresh herbs. But we cannot.

Tutor

------------------------------

tutor

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:21 pm    

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
6#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-30 10:43:00

Dear Tutor:
Thanks for for your answer, now it's more clear about it.

Best regards,

Yuzun

-----------------------------------------------

yll

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:28 am    

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
7#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-30 10:43:27

Dear Yuzun,
Ok, just hope you like the course more.

Tutor

-----------------------

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:58 pm    

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-04-28 17:23 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list