Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-30 10:25:14
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear tutor Dr David Du
I wish you have a good and full of health new year
Here I am again .. to have your valuable advices on the courses concerning herbology …
1. five flavors of the herbs have something to do with five elements indeed .. can we determine relations such as “mother –son” by choosing the relevant flavors of the herbs to tone up or sedate an element?
2.What correspondence is there between flavours and five parts of human body just as bone / enery / flesh /tendons /blood vessels ?
3. in methods of making a decoction par example for (Gui Zhi, Ramulus Cinnamomi )Dosage and Administration: 3-10g.is for a single daily use ?
4. actually after boiling the remaining decocted herbs with water must be 250 – 300 milliliters, but how much water may be used on the start ?obviously by strong fire and 35 minutes of boiling we have much steaming of water ! how much degree of Celsius is strong fire ?

Best regards
Yours truly
D.V

-------------------------------------

Dionisios

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:39 am  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-30 10:25:41
| Show the author posts only

Dear Dionisios,
I'd like to tell my opinions if you don't mind.
Or, I think miraculous hands or tutor might tell their ideas later.

1). The flavours of herbs are very complicated, but we do think of them in clinical practice, e.g. the bitter flavor is good to dry up the dampness; etc.
For sure we also think of the theory of inter-promoting and inter-acting, but likewise, we would think of something else which are recorded in the Yellow Emperor's Internal Classic., sour plus sweet would transform to Yin while pungent plus sweet would transform to Yang, etc.

In general, the flavors are very complicated and in clinic we'd rather think more of the actions of the herbs.

2). In general different flavour should be corresponding to different tissues, according to the five element, but we would also think of the actions of the herbs as well.

3). In fact, it's the dosage for one dose or one formula of herbs, so if the formula is used twice a day, it's 3-10 grams for each time.
Sometimes, we do need to have the herbs several times within one day, for example, to lower the fever, we should give 4 to 6 times decoction for the patient, so if one dose of the formula is decocted for twice, the patient does need 2 or 3 packs or dose of herbs in one day.

4). Possibly it's 100 cc more.
But if you use strong fire, you cannot boil for 35 minutes, most probably, strong fire is only done for 5 minutes, or not really up to 10 minutes.
I don't know how many degree C the strong fire is, you are really funny.
Maybe one day, when you come to China, we could show you what's the strong fire.

Ok, it's only my personal opinions, let's wait for M.H.'s and Tutor's remarks.

D.K.

------------------------------------------

David King

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:31 am    

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-04-26 00:40 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list