Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-30 10:22:13
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear miraculous hands

I'm studying this course and I have some question to discuss.
I have seen a lot of herbs powder filled in capsule tablets in the market in my country. Such medecine is very comfortable for patients.
Still, I wonder whether that the curative effect of herbs prepared under such administration is as same as that prepared by traditional methods such as decoction or infusion.

I also heard several time that one who always takes herbs, or too much takes herbs, his liver will be harmful. Is that true?

Thank you

-------------------------------------

sonus
Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:27 pm    

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-30 10:22:54
| Show the author posts only

Dear Sonus,
Sorry for replying a bit late!

As to the administration of herbs, as to my knowledge the decoction is the most effective way, for all the herbs are boiled, the effective components could be well into the decoction, so the good effect.
Besides, the decoction is also better absorbed by the human body, so it's the quickest effective way as well.

However, I also support the ways of powder in capisules and tablets. As you have said, they are convenient and comfortable to the patients.
So, to treat chronic disorders, they are also the good choice.

Whether or not the liver is harmed by long-standing adminstration of herbs is quite dependent on if the appropriate herbs are in use.

In China, some patients would take herbs for years, I mean everyday, and their life quality is good despite their very severe diseases (cancer, cardiovascular diseases, etc.)

To treat some chronic diseases, it really takes quite a period of time for patienst to cure or alleviate them with herbs, months or years.

For sure these patients are well treatd by the very experienced physicians of traditional Chinese medicine.

So, that's also why it's more difficult to learn the herbs.

In China, even graduated from schools of TCM after the 5-year study, the young physicians still need to follow the experienced ones for several years, let's say 2 or 3 years.

I have to say, even in China, some of the TCM physicians won't be very succesful even they've been practicing herbology for life long.

So, herbs are safe if one knows how to use them.

---------------------------------------

miraculous hands

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:09 pm    

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-04-24 22:20 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list