[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-30 09:55:07
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Like Professor Price before me, I want to thank Medboo for this forum. It's a great learning tool for all of us, and it's nice to be in touch with fellow students.

Having said that, after reviewing Course E, I realized that in Chapter 1, Section 4, Part 3 (Dosage) the dosage for children is a little unclear (at least to me).

Just to make sure, please tell me if I'm right:

-Children between 6 months and 5 years of age, children should have between 1/4 and 1/2 of an adult dosage.

-Babies under 6 months should have less than 1/4 an adult dosage.

-Children over 5 years old can generally have a full adult dosage.

Thx!!

Feathered Serpent
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Children's dosage

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

CourseABCDEFG

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-30 09:55:55
| Show the author posts only

Sorry for the delayed answer!
It IS quite unclear in the Medboo text about the children's dosage, so I tried to find the exact information, but it seems there are disputes on this point.
One opinion is a bit rough, just telling that those under 5 years of age should take a quater of the adults' dosage; those over 5 should take half of the adults' dosage; and those over 15 should take the same as the adults' dosage. This is the opinion illustrated in the textbook of Chinese materia medica.
The other one is more about the pediastrics of traditional Chinese medicine, and it states that the new-borned infants should take 1/6 of the adult's dosage; infants should take 1/3 to half of the adults' dosage; babies or young children should take 2/3 of the adults' dosage; and the schooling children might take the same as the adults' dosage.
This opinion is demonstrated in the textbook of traditional Chinese pediatrics.

----------------------------

miraculous hands

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:41 pm

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-04-26 08:16 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list