Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:50:26
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear David King,

Are you familiar with the Single Point Acupuncture & Moxibustion by Dr. Chen Decheng?

At the time his book "100 Diseases Treated by Single Point of Acupuncture Moxibustion" was published by [i:793aaa477d]Foreign Language Press [/i:793aaa477d] (Beijing, 2001), he was a professor at the Institute of Acupuncture & Moxibustion of the China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine (maybe he still is?) and also the vice-director of the Acupoint Study Committee of the China Association of Acupuncture & Moxibustion. The editorial review on his book says this technique is [b:793aaa477d]easy to master[/b:793aaa477d], with [b:793aaa477d]good and quick effect[/b:793aaa477d].

[quote:793aaa477d="Editorial Review"] Single point therapy is an independent treatment method, derived from acupuncture and moxibustion. It refers to the application of stimulation at one point or one small local area of the superficial of the body in order to treat and prevent diseases.
Single point therapy consists of many methods of acupuncture and moxibustion, such as acupuncture, moxibustion, auricular acupuncture, head acupuncture, cupping therapy, bleeding therapy, point injection and laser therapy. It also consists of medicated compress, acupressure and massage, which are exceptional category of acupuncture and moxibustion.
Single point therapy uses fewer points with less pain, and easy to master, with good and quick effect.
This book introduces different therapies for the treatment of 100 common diseases by single acupoint, including the point, location, method, result, case study and discussion, with the author's personal experiences.
This book is suitable for TCM doctors, teachers, students and acupuncture practitioners.[/quote:793aaa477d]
It also seems that many techniques of point injection therapy are based on Dr. Chen Decheng’s book (see http://pointinjection.com/ for details).

From the book review, it looks like Dr. Chen Decheng’s single point therapy technique could be a good addition to the Medboo acupuncture course. What is your opinion about it? Would you recommend it? Do you use it yourself or know somebody using it? Or maybe somebody among Medboo students is familiar with the book and uses this technique?

Your repli(es) would be appreciated.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:50:35
| Show the author posts only

Dear Sergiy,
For sure I heard of Dr. Chen Decheng!
He's no more working in that Institute and most probably he's in USA at the moment.

I also heard of the single point acupuncture therapy , but I don't use this method myself, neither I recommend to anybody.

Personally I think single point acupuncture is effective, but is also limited to certain indications.
You could read carefully Dr. Chen's experience in his book, but I don't recommend you to copy him.

In my opinion, single point is far enough to treat the modern diseases.

Maybe my needling technique is not that good.

So far as I know, very few acupuncture physicians in China would use only a single point in treating diseases, no matter acute or chronic ones.

In fact, I didn't see anyone myself.

Not quite sure about David King's experience. Maybe he's got some other ideas.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:50:43
| Show the author posts only

It seems Tutor knows everybody!

Of course I agree with your opinion of the single point therapy.

I cannot treat diseases with only one point, it's impossible!!!

I'm quite confident on my needling technique, but I don't think one point is good enough to cure diseases.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-06 00:02 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list