[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:47:18
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

The following has been taken from the article [b:22888e2304][i:22888e2304]K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simply Simple)[/i:22888e2304][/b:22888e2304] by Dr. John A. Amaro [i:22888e2304]D.C.,FIAMA, Dipl.Ac.(NCCAOM)[/i:22888e2304], President of the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture Inc. ( www.iama.edu ), [i:22888e2304]Dynamic Chiropractic[/i:22888e2304] July 2, 1993, Volume 11, Issue 14. http://www.chiroweb.com/archives/11/14/17.html . I would appreciate indeed your opinion about the approach presented by Dr. Amaro.

"Frankly I really do not like teaching the so called "advanced" program in acupuncture, because we get too far away from the real techniques which help most people. We need to keep treatment "simply simple!"

With pain management, perhaps the most significant technique one can use, whether master or a rank neophyte, is simply to "surround the dragon." If the pain is in the elbow, one simply stimulates any and all areas which are sore on palpation. The same is true for virtually any pain regardless of location.

I cannot tell you how many thousands of doctors, following their first exposure to the techniques of acupuncture, who without fear and likewise without an appropriate background in traditional Chinese medicine, became incredibly effective in relieving, eliminating or lessening pain with this elementary technique. Unfortunately many of these individuals become intimidated by their lack of knowledge. Because they do not feel they really know what they are doing, they discontinue this most important of therapies in their offices, as they cannot explain it or because "this can't work, it's too easy."

Another "simply simple" technique which I have discussed in previous issues of Dynamic Chiropractic, is simple stimulation of any scar on the body regardless of how insignificant it may appear. Surgical scars should receive top consideration. This technique alone has been responsible for the turning around of countless lives. You say you can't explain why and how this procedure works? Unless you are a research scientist, don't worry about it. Just use this simple technique and help suffering humanity regain their health. By the time you get it figured out, you could have helped several hundred patients.

Perhaps one of the most significant techniques one can employ is also "simply simple": general stimulation of all 12 tsing points. Sometimes known as "jing well" points or "Akabane" points, these are the points on the fingertips and toetips, a grain of rice width from the corner of the nail where each meridian either begins or ends. These points have incredible curative effects when generally stimulated. This is a favorite technique of the highest masters in Asian healing. Should you come across any North Americans who tell you not to stimulate these points in general, do yourself a favor, ignore them.

What about the general stimulation of the "MU" and "SHU" points known to us "round eyes" (as my Chinese colleagues fondly and respectfully refer to us living outside of China) as the alarm and associated points? These points are the master "circuit breaker" points found on the trunk of the body both front and back. Any time there is an involvement of a meridian, one or more of these circuit breakers are going to trip. Simple palpation of these major points and general stimulation of any which are sore is a favorite technique of the highest masters of Asian healing".

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:47:28
| Show the author posts only

In terms of the Chinese philosophy, the "simple simple" is no more simple, it's the opposite of simple.

In fact, the simple things are not simple at all!!!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:47:35

Thank you very much for expressing your opinion. It has been important for me to know what Chinese TCM doctors think about this simplified approach to acupuncture, which is actually quite popular in the West.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:47:43

I meant the simple things need real good experience and knowledge to do well.
Is that true?

Sometimes some masters of acupuncture do use some very simple therapies, but that's their own essence, I mean if some other physicians try to copy their way, it won't really work.

Don't know why.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-05 16:03 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list