Credits

Administrator

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:33:54
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear D.V.,
Nice to hear from you again!
As to the Eight Confluent points, personally I don't think they are so closely related with the Eight Principles!

For sure we would say the Du connects with all the Yang while the Ren with all the Yin, the Yangwei with the exterior and Yinwei with the interior, but we still couldn't say the other four categories!

In fact, the meridians, in comparison with the Zang-Fu organs, are the exterior themselves.

So, personally I don't think the Eight Confluent points have alot to do with the Eight Principles.

For sure as mentioned above, to deal with Yang problems, we may take some DU points into consideration, such as DU 4, DU 14, DU 20, etc.; while to deal with the Yin problems, we may think of the RN points, RN 4, RN 6, etc.

To use the confluent points, some of them are commonly used, such as PC6 and TE 5, some are less used, such as LU 7, as you mentioned.

SI 3 is mainly used to deal with the disorders on the DU meridian, not really the disorders of Yang category in terms of the Eight Principles.

While the one communicating with the DAI meridian (GB 41) is seldom used, especially for nothing about the DAI meridian.

The Eight Confluent points might be used either in pair, or alone. I think the text tells their indications or the area they are indicated, so you may try to use them when there are disorders appearing in the indicated areas, of course for you patients.

In any sense, they are some good points, useful in acupuncture clinic, and they have their own indications, but don't be possessed by the mysteriousness of them Acupuncture has nothing mysterious.

OK, I will send the final exam of course D to you soon.

Bye!

Yours sincerely
D. K.

[quote:e68b992078="D.V."]

Dear David King

I am very satisfied with reading the way to treat common disease on the course D ..
Is indeed very helpful to have so many details to manage for any particular situation of a disease ..
I would like to ask a query about the eight confluent Points of the eight extra meridians .. can these points have something common with the eight diagnostic principles ? par example for yang syndromes the key of DU MAI (houxi Si 3 ) can be used ? for yin syndromes the key of REN MAI (lieque LU 7 ) is accurate ?.... and as for the rest I have no idea how can they be combined ..

After all I am ready to accept the paper of final exam of course D.. Acupuncture and Moxibustion Treatment

YOU have my best regards
I wish you have a nice day
Your student
D.V.
[/quote:e68b992078]

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:34:03
| Show the author posts only

dear tutor

i thank you for your answer about this so difficult problem that i had about the Eight Confluent points .. i had the felseopinion that these are combined with diagnostic prinsiples .. what a mistake !!!

best regards

DV

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:34:13
| Show the author posts only

Really?
It's not really that difficult!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-05 06:17 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list