[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
11#
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:27:41
| Show the author posts only

Reverend and Dear tutor David Du
I was surprised with your way you reach this level of understanding on traditional Chinese medicine.. I have to say that your tutorial instructions are unique with profound depths!!
I am glad that you give special attention to the Taoist way of making acupuncture.. although ancient Chinese medical books pointed out the way to live in harmony with TAO.
Since long before up to date I am a love reader of these ancient medical books just as : su wen / ling shu / nan jing / bin gu mai jing / etc ..
I have some queries about selecting distant local points on making a prescription ..
1.What causes of disease determine the selection of left side points to treat disorders of right side and vice versa ; .. and what on bilateral selection of points;
2.when I read a prescription just as in common cold (Wind-heat syndrome) Acupoints: Dazhui (DU 14), Quchi (LI 1l), Hegu (LI 4), Yuji (LU 10) and Waiguan (SJ 5) I must start the needling treatment from the first Dazhui (DU 14), and step by step right up to the last one;…
3. written prescriptions are readily an harmoniously presentation of combinations of : above with the below / exterior interior /local distal ;
4.I have a case 58 years old woman with facial spasm on the left side and inability to sleep well .. spasm starting from her eye and spreading down up to her nose .. I used the acupuncture special e- weekly prescription just as SI 3 with special manipulations ..adding ST4 / ST2 /LR3.. after 4 treatments every other day the results are fine for just one day.
On fifth treatment I combined SI3 point with BL 62 on the right side first and then on the left side making a bilateral combination of BL 62 then I used very carefully the acupoint of BL 1 on the left side .. the results are very good and as it seems the spasm is very low with her sleep is improved best.. and with stability for treatment to treatment .. I would like to ask you dear tutor if I can use other points you suggest me for much stability on this treatment or to end this treatment just as I followed ;

By the way I feel I am ready to participate on the middle exam for Course D ..

With best regards
You have my best wishes for a nice and happy day
Your student
Denis Voglis

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
12#
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:27:51
| Show the author posts only

Dear Denis,

I'm so much embrassed by your compliments
I'm not really at such level as you thought of, I'm only an ordinary teaching professional of traditional Chinese medicine I don't think I have anything special or have more profoundness than other TCM professionals in one way or another.

I like Taoist way, but I couldn't do well with it. I didn't quite catch what I said, I did mean some acupuncture practitioners could do acupuncture in the Taoist way, but I'm not that good.
I do love some of Taoist theories, and read something of the Taoism. But it's not so easy to combine Taoism with traditional Chinese medicine in all the ways.

Yes, it's very good to read those classical literatures of traditional Chinese medicine, and I think you may get to more Taoist knowledge.

Now let's discuss your questions.

1). In majority of cases, countralateral needling is not really taken, but when the treatment is long-term, and the effect is not really satisfactory, infrequently some acupuncture physicians would do the contralateral needling as an alternative way.
Or, sometimes, the prescription is too big, we may do less points at one time, so we could use some points in the contralateral side while some on the affected side. I.e. more meridians but less points.

2). Usually, the monarch point should be thrusted first!
But it's also up to where the points are located. The general way is to do the needling from top to bottom.
Certainly some physician would do the opposite way.

3). I didn't quite catch what you meant, and I presume you mean the prescription should be made in such a way of combination. If you did mean that, basically you are right.
But very often, we couldn't do so many points at once, maybe only 4-5 points, or 5-6 points. It all depends.

4) Have you ever tried SP 6, PC 6, and ST 8? Maybe you could have a try.

[quote:ecd01cacc0]
I am glad that you give special attention to the Taoist way of making acupuncture.. although ancient Chinese medical books pointed out the way to live in harmony with TAO.
Since long before up to date I am a love reader of these ancient medical books just as : su wen / ling shu / nan jing / bin gu mai jing / etc ..
I have some queries about selecting distant local points on making a prescription ..
1.What causes of disease determine the selection of left side points to treat disorders of right side and vice versa ; .. and what on bilateral selection of points;
2.when I read a prescription just as in common cold (Wind-heat syndrome) Acupoints: Dazhui (DU 14), Quchi (LI 1l), Hegu (LI 4), Yuji (LU 10) and Waiguan (SJ 5) I must start the needling treatment from the first Dazhui (DU 14), and step by step right up to the last one;…
3. written prescriptions are readily an harmoniously presentation of combinations of : above with the below / exterior interior /local distal ;
4.I have a case 58 years old woman with facial spasm on the left side and inability to sleep well .. spasm starting from her eye and spreading down up to her nose .. I used the acupuncture special e- weekly prescription just as SI 3 with special manipulations ..adding ST4 / ST2 /LR3.. after 4 treatments every other day the results are fine for just one day.
On fifth treatment I combined SI3 point with BL 62 on the right side first and then on the left side making a bilateral combination of BL 62 then I used very carefully the acupoint of BL 1 on the left side .. the results are very good and as it seems the spasm is very low with her sleep is improved best.. and with stability for treatment to treatment .. I would like to ask you dear tutor if I can use other points you suggest me for much stability on this treatment or to end this treatment just as I followed ;

By the way I feel I am ready to participate on the middle exam for Course D .. [/quote:ecd01cacc0]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-05 09:44 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list