[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:18:51
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

My two study partners and I have been using the T.E.N.S. Pro 900 Neuro-Mechanical Acupuncture electronic device to help locate and then stimulate the appropriate therapeutic acupoints. It has proven to be most helpful in our studies, (and in acupoint therapy) and even now as we are practicing the actual needling technique, we still find it helpful to use the Neuro-Mechanical Acupuncture device to pinpoint the acupoint to be sure that we have located them correctly (the device increases in pitch, and makes a higher pitched sound when it has located the acupoint).
Do you have experience with this device, and what is your opion on it's use?[/img]

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:18:58
| Show the author posts only

Dear Professor,
This sort of acupuncture apparatus is commonly used in China, maybe not really this type, but electroacupuncture is popular in the acupuncture clinics in China. However, I'm neither recommending any use of it, nor against the use of it, for I know they ARE working more or less, Howevert I prefer my own manual manipulation as I can feel the reaction of the patients through the needles, not through the machines.
I don't mean to deny anything, but it's just my personal experience.
Maybe, you should do more needling manipulation manually, so you can have a better feeling of the needling sensation, but I'm quite sure the machine is very helpful for your study at the moment, so I'm of no objection of your using it.
Again, I confirm the effect and the common use of this sort of machine in China, but personally I still trust my own hands!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:19:06

Thank you for your input.
I am sure that I to will become more comfortable with the needling techniques as I progress and practice in my needling studies. I thought that the "acupuncture apparatus" is a nice addition to my medical portfolio, and ideal for those Americans who show interest in TCM but are advere to the invasive "needle".

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:19:14

Dear Professor,
You are right!
I'm confident you will do more with your needling technique than with the machines! Sure, some Americans won't accept the Chinese culture, including traditional Chinese medicine. I just watch TV, it's a movie named "Gua Sha (Skin-scraping therapy)", I saw the misunderstanding and discrimination for the Chinese culture therein in US, so I can imagine the difficulties you may meet when you do traditional Chinese medicine.
In fact, Chinese people are more tolerable with the exotic cultures transplanted from outside, while the Americans would think you are the only ones who have everything right. At least it seems that's the situation to me.
OK, hope you do well with your needling practice and later more people will accept your needling technique.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
5#
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:19:22

I am so sorry that I gave you the impression that the Chinese culture and that of TCM is poorly accepted here in the USA. It is actually quite the opposite. The medical community in the US (at least here in Florida where I used to make sales calls to physicians) has become more accepting of alternative medicine (TCM being considered as "alternative"). Many are saying, "Lets provide alternatives to treatment (especially in the area of pain management) and let the patient decide what works best for them". Much of this demand for "alternatives" and especially for Acupuncture treatment is, of course, being generated by "patient request".
One of my "Study Partners" is a young M.D. specializing in Internal Medicine, and he expresses to me how "open" patients are to acpuncture therapy, along with the high effectiveness of the process.
I imagine that this is just one of the reasons why your Medboo study program is so popular now with Americans.

Professor P.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
6#
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:19:29

Dear Professor,
It's not you! You have given me VERY good impression! I saw your photo, and nearly everytime when you sent emails to me, you would give me a beautiful picture of traditional Chinese painting which would make me feel warm and happy. Besides, you are very gentle in your language when you write me, so I DO think you are a REAL gentleman. I mean some people in your country, they always blame China, but they don't know anything of China. I do know our culture is not well known in USA, or even worse, Chinese culture is not given a fair or positive evaluation.
Alright, I shouldn't complain of all these to you, it's none of your fault at all, and you are very friendly to Chinese people and appreciate Chinese culture from inside of you.
Forget about my words, we will be friends all the time.
Bye!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
7#
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:19:38

It is always good to have friends, Doctor King. Especially friends in distant exotic places, like China. I hope that we will be able to spend some time together when I travel to Beijing for my internship this summer.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
8#
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:19:45

Dear Prof Price,
How are you doing recently?
Is your health problem Ok now?
When could you come to China?

I'm waiting for your coming.

David King

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-05 09:41 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list