Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:15:02
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear Dr. King,
Can you clear for me one point in etiology and syndrome differentiation of vomiting?

In the text of the Course in the part of “Etiology and pathogenesis” there is item “Retention of phlegm and fluid” where explained that “Hypo-function of the spleen and stomach leads to the accumulation of cold-dampness in the middle jiao and retention of phlegm and fluid.” From this I understood, that this case relates to deficiency syndrome. In my understanding consecution looks in the following way:
hypo-function of the spleen and stomach - accumulation of cold-dampness in the middle jiao - retention of phlegm and fluid - upward movement of phlegm and fluid - vomiting.
But below in the item of “Syndrome differentiation” vomiting caused by cold-dampness or retention of phlegm and fluid is described in the part of excess syndrome. On the other hand spleen and stomach deficiency presents in the same item in the part of deficiency syndrome.

So I don’t understand if there is some contradiction or there are two cases of cold-dampness or retention of phlegm and fluid with different etiology and symptoms?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:15:10
| Show the author posts only

Dear Sophia,
Personally I think it's the case of the coexistent defiicency and excess.
The hypoactive function of spleen and stomach results in the accumulation of cold-dampness in the middle jiao and retention of phlegm and fluid which are considered as the pathological products affecting directly or indirectly the other organs and tissues, so there is on one hand the Qi defiiciency of spleen and stomach and on the other hand the excessive pathogens in the body.
That's my understanding! Not quite sure it's reasonable or not.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:15:17
| Show the author posts only

Dear Dr. King,
Thank you for your explanation.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-02 05:03 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list