Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:14:29
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear Dr. King,
I’m studying very interesting part of the Course now - therapeutics of acupuncture and moxibustion.
And, of course, I have some new questions regarding this Course.

1. In the text of the Course there are some misprints in describing acupoints. Most of them are possible to correct easily, but in one of them I’m not sure. I mean the point EX-HN3 in the describing of Common Cold treatment by means of modified combination. In the text indicated: Yingming (EX-HN3), but the name of the point EX-HN3 is Yingtang. What is wrong – the name or the number of the point?

2. In the same part of Common Cold treatment very interesting method is described – applying herbal medicine to acupoints. Unfortunately there don’t given details of this technique. Can you explain how to use practically herb application to acupoints or to give advice where I can read about this?

3. In the “Reference material” for Cough treatment described vitamin injection into acupoint, but it is not clear what vitamin was injected.
The same relates to Tinnitus and deafness treatment. In the part of “Other remedies” it is not clear what substance was injected into acupoint except vitamin B 12.

4. In the part of “Other remedies” for the treatment most of diseases ear acupuncture is described. But in various sources different variants of ear point’s map are shown. What variant is recommended in TCM?

5. In the part of “Other remedies” for the treatment of Dizziness needling in Head acupuncture Area (Vertigo and audition area) is recommended. Is it the same area that was described in the topic “Treatment of stroke with scalp acupuncture” in Medboo Acupuncture Forum 03 Feb. 2005?

6. In the text of the Course ashi points and tender points are mentioned. Is it right that tender points in traditional practice are called ashi points - meaning painful points, used as an adjunct to the main treatment?

7. In the describing of Acute Pain treatment, in the “Reference materials”, item 6.3 example of coronary heart disease and angina pectoris is given. Unfortunately used acupoints for the third group with a deficiency of qi are missed. Is it possible to reconstruct this part?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:14:39
| Show the author posts only

Dear Sophia,
It's long time no hearing from you!
Now, let's discuss your questions.

1). Yeah, sure there are some misprints for the text of course D and I will correct them in the near future
EX-HN is [u:935c40444e][b:935c40444e]Yintang[/b:935c40444e][/u:935c40444e], so what in the text is for sure the misprint.

2). I think it's the material for the treatment of cough. The herbs are listed and I think they are usually ground into fine powder and mixed with some agents such as vinegar, alcohol, vaseline or even just water to apply directly on the skin. There could be the blisters on the points. What I'm talking about is the usual method, but I don't know what the text really implies.

3). As the text is denoted, it's the vitamin B 12 for the acupoint injection in the treatment of cough. For the tinnitus, 654-2 is a kind of herbal extract, but I don't know what it is, but doesn't matter, it's not commonly used nowadays.

4) There are quite different opinions on the ear acupuncture, so it's hard to tell the variants. I know the conventional European ear acupuncture is more of French influence. So, I don't think I can clarify the things for this aspect.

5) There is only one Vertigo-audition area (zone), so I think there should be no second one.

6). Ashi points, is an old name for 1500 years. In original Chinese, the meaning is: "Ah, yes!", meaning when the physicians touch the patients' tender spots, they would scream out for the pain, and confine the point.

But these are the very useful points, commonly used for the pain, even the internal disorders. Some extra points have been found among the Ashi points such as Dannong (EX-LE 6) (gallbladder), or Lanwei (EX-LE 7) (appendix).

7). For heart Qi deficiency, Xinshu (BL 15), Jueyinshu (BL 15), Juque (RN 14), Danzhong (RN 17), Zusanli (ST 36), Qihai (RN 6), Shenmen (HT 7) and Neiguan (PC 6) can be used. Only my personal opinion.

Ok, tell my opinions for so far.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:14:47
| Show the author posts only

Dear Dr. King,
Thank you very much for your so fast answer and for detailed explanations.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-02 01:34 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list