| |

Mebo--TCM Forum

Forgot password?  
 Register
Search
View: 2462|Reply: 0
Print Prev. thread Next thread

A Letter Answering DV's Question on Acupuncture (2)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:10:04
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

(Continuing)

5). Course D tells some basic knowledge of treatment of certain diseases with acupuncture and moxibutstion, but they are only the general principles, meaning, if you do use these methods or prescriptions listed in the text, you might have achieved a good effect, but it doesn't mean these are the only way to treat diseases.
In clinic, everybody may have more or less of their onw experience in treating diseases,
I think that's not only traditional Chinese medicine, even in western medicine, you may have a lot of choice in the use of medicaments.
So, it's not difficuld to learn acupuncture, but it's very difficult to learn it well. If one wants to be a great master of acupuncture, you have to read a lot and learn from many good acupuncture practitioners, and then have a good chance to practice alot. And it also needs the talents.
6). I read your work of the symptoms and indications, it's good for you to do it, but I think it's just the beginning, for you may see the points of other systems would be helpful to treat disorders of one certain system.
7). I also read your second file, and it's my recommendation that you pay more attention on the important points of each meridian, the ones which are known as the specific points. I think they are talked about in details in course D.
As the text says, points of a certain meridian, more or less, would all work for disoreders of that meridian.
. Left-handed practitioners are nothing different from the right-handed ones, you could do as well as the others do. To tell the truth, one of teacher is doing acupuncture with both hands, for sure he's right-handed. One of my previous colleague is a left-handed, and he sometimes could also do with right hand, but of course he prefers left hand.

Ok, hope my explanation is clear and convincing to you.

Bye!

Best regards

David King

[quote:25596ffa21]
Diagnosing a patient and reaching by differentiation to a syndrome if on his complaints there are two or three symptoms that may included in the indication of a point to a meridian that is nearby to this syndrome .. can I use this point to build the prescription of treatment as can be offered in course D ?

I have made a work insolating symptomelike indications of acupoints of meridians The total number is 372 indications.. I offer my work in a file and I want your opinion.

in a second file I have present in an insolating way symptomelike indications of acupoints on the lung meridian hand taiyin for easy reading and memorizing .

I am a left hand writer. Can this affect manipulative techniques of needle insertion ?
yours truly with best regards

DV[/quote:25596ffa21]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-04-27 18:48 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list