Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:03:11
| Show all posts Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear Dr. King,
Would you like to clear for me some points in part of moxibustion?

1. Which characteristics of Artemisia vulgaris make this herb common for therapeutic use as moxa wool?

2. Are other herbs in use instead of Artemisia vulgaris or as addition for obtaining new properties, such as prolonged burning, new therapeutic properties?

3. Burning moxa produces a great deal of smoke and a pungent odor. I saw that patients with respiratory problems may response by cough, shortness of breath. I know that some practitioner use smokeless moxa sticks as an alternative. What’s difference between regular and smokeless moxa? Have they the same therapeutic characteristics?
Are some aromatic oils in use as addition to change pungent odor of moxa or for new medical properties?

4. What peculiarities of moxibustion in children practice?

5. In the lecture “Moxibustion” to prevent diseases and keep healthy some points are recommended for burning a moxa stick - Dazhui (DU 14), Guanyuan( RN 4), Gaohuang(BL43) and Zusanli (ST 36). Significance of Dazhui, Guanyuan and Zusanli is absolutely clear. But what is a reason for using Gaohuang equally with points of common action? I really saw some special indications for this point in Course C, for example, weak spleen and stomach, but a cause of this is not clear for me.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-18 06:35 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list