Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:02:13
| Show all posts Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear Dr. King,
I have some questions regarding second part of Course C.

1. Is there some “age limit” in using acupuncture?
First, from Course C I understood that “it is advisable to apply few needles or to delay giving acupuncture treatment to the patients who are over-fatigued or very weak”. Does it relate to elderly patients from certain age or we must decide for acupuncture indications individually according to the state of the patient?
Second, it is clear that for infants “retaining of needles is forbidden since the infants are unable to cooperate with the practitioner”. Does it mean that we can use only a short needling duration or it is preferably not to use acupuncture for infants till certain age?

2. Is diameter of the needle significant to induce the needling sensation?
In text of the Course noticed that “needles from Nos. 26-32 in diameter and l -3 cun in length are most frequently used in clinic”. Apparently they are needles from 0.25 to 0.40 mm in diameter. At the same time different companies sell acupuncture needles from 0.12 mm in diameter. For what cases are usable this needles?

3. In practicing needling method in second part of Course C among other points I needled point Zusanli (ST 36). I remembered your correspondence with Prof. Price about a depth of needle insertion in this point. I the past I did massage of this point and paid attention to the fact that in order to have correct location of the point and for arrival of Qi the posture of the patient is very important. Only when the knee of the patient was flexed at an angle of ninety degrees, it was possible to find this point correctly and to obtain essential sensation. So I used posture “sitting erect” for massage Zusanli. I tried to use the same posture for needling this point and really it was easier to insert needle at proper deep of 1 – 1.5 cun, than in supine posture when the leg was straightened.
I'd like to know what posture is applied for needling Zusanli in China clinics.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-17 18:07 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list