Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:01:52
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear Dr. King,
I have some questions regarding Course C.
1. In description of Point Weidao GB28 missed “Indications”. Are these the same ones as for Wushu GB27? Both of them located so closely.
2. There is misprint in description of location of Xiyangguan GB33. What is a right location of this point?
3. In description of Xingjian LR2 I read: “Insert the needle obliquely upward”. What it means, upward to ankle? And generally, when explained: “Insert the needle obliquely (or horizontally)” is direction of needle insertion important?
4. One of indications for Zhonglushu BL29 is treatment of diabetes. Is there some explanation for this or it's the clinical experience from old time?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:02:00
| Show the author posts only

Dear Sophia,
Let's see the questions of yours on the text.
1). The indications of Weidao (GB 2 are nearly the same as those of Wushu (GB 27), and according to the Chinese text book, but the latter include constipation. Otherwise it's all the same between the two.
2). There are two opinions: (1) 3 cun above Yanglingquan (GB 34), lateral to the knee joint, between the tendon of muscle biceps femoris and the femur. (2). On the lateral side of the knee, 3 cun above Yanglingquan (GB 34), in the depression superior to the lateral epicondyle of femur.
3). Herein, it should be "upward to ankle". But in some texts, it has only pointed out "punctured obliquely 0.3 to 0.5 cun" or "inserte the needle perpendiculouly 0.5 to 0.8 cun".
4). I think it's only the recording from ancient time. I never use the point to treat diabetes, and neither saw anybody treat diabetes with the point. Even in some books, this indication is not included.
Thank you for your good questions!

rtreat diabetes with this

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-03 05:49 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list