Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:00:25
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear Dr. King,
In practicing my needling in Course D, I have realized that Zusanli (He-Sea Point and Lower He-Sea Point of the Stomach, ST 36) did not have a depth of needle insertion mentioned, and in research on the Course C web site study guide, it is missing there as well.
(Method: Insert the needle perpendicularly,)
I have been inserting at .3-.5 cun deep, but I want to be sure, and get the correct depth of insertion from you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:00:32
| Show the author posts only

Dear Professor Price,
I think that

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 13:00:40
| Show the author posts only

Dear Professor Price,
So sorry for the incomplete answer sent previously, it was submitted all by mistake.
Now the answer to your question.
It IS the printing mistake for the lack of the inserting depth of point Zusanli (ST 36), so I will correct it as soon as possible.
In clinic, the point is needled for 1 to 1.5 cun, or even deeper, since it is pretty safe. Personally I think it's all up to the need of the needling sensation and the body build of the patients'.
Generally speaking, the points on the arms and legs are pretty safe, so they can be needled deeper, so the depth of 1 to 1.5 cun would be alright, I mean for Chinese patients. While for the European and American patients, you should do it according to their reaction, for they are more sensitive than Chinese patients.
That's my personal understanding and you can find your own experience.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-03 05:16 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list