[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-29 12:59:30
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

I have found (what I think) is a relatively good complementary site for this course it is located at: http://www.acuxo.com/index.asp
I wanted your opinion on the site [i:e3fe2ec3a8]and[/i:e3fe2ec3a8] to share the reference material with anyone else who may be studying this course.

Also, I recently attended a short seminar by a local acupuncturist who was discussing acupoint relevance to the five element (phase) theory. My understanding of the material he presented was that each point cooresponded with one of the elements. I did not have the opportunity to discuss it with him in detail due to time constraints on his part.

I have found points in some of my reference books that indicate a specific point is a wood point or a fire point...etc. Unfortunately, these points seem to be sporatically noted and I do not see a logical pattern for their notation. 1) Are each of the points associated with an 'element'? 2) If so, is there a pattern which can be easily memorized?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 12:59:37
| Show the author posts only

I looked the website you are talking about, and found it a good one, at least no harm if you want to take it as the reference.
In course D, we are also discussing the acupoints in relations with the five-element (five-phase) theory, they are called Five-Shu points, and included in the specific points. They are used in clinic, but please don't think they are mysterous and the panacea for everytghing.They are only taken as one method of acupuncture treatment!
In fact, in course C, some points are specified as Jing-Well, Ying-Spring, Shu-Stream, Jing-River, and He-Sea points. In the Yang meridians, the sequence starts from the metal, namely, Jing-Well (metal), Ying-Spring (water), Shu-Stream (wood), Jing-River (fire), and He-Sea (earth); while in Yin meridians, the sequence starts from wood, i.e. Jing-Well (wood), Ying-Spring (fire), Shu-Stream (earth), Jing-River (metal), and He-Sea (water). You may have details later in course D.
For sure there should be a logic to memorize them, but I hope you find the logic yourself. Anyway, not now, in course D. I found the logic myself, are you confident to find the logic by yourself?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 12:59:45
| Show the author posts only

Your response helped clarify the seminar a lot. I must have missed a point that made the rest of the information he discussed murky. I look forward to course D and studying this aspect (and others) a bit more in depth. For now, I will be satisfied with making it through Course C.

To answer your question as long is there is a pattern I can usually find it, but am I confident? I don't know! Someone once told me TCM stands for Totally Confusing Medicine...I am begining to believe they weren't joking. There is a lot to memorize and a lot of seemingly conflicting viewpoints about which road to take to reach the same destination.

When I first started studying TCM, my intial thought was 'this will be easy'. I have since reevaluated that opinion. TCM concepts and theories can be very difficult to grasp. The more I study the less I feel I know... and the more I want to study. It is an interesting cycle.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-03 10:00 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list