[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-29 12:54:26
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

During studying acupoints of Yang-ming meridian of foot (ST) I paid attention to one of indications for Zusanli point (ST 36), namely to treat epilepsy. Earlier I saw in literature contraindication to use this point in case of epilepsy and to be careful with other points of this meridian too. Is there some reason for this opinion?
Why Quepen (ST 12) is contraindicated for pregnant women?
Why just Taiyi (ST 23) and Huaroumen (ST 24) are recommended to treat mania?
Is there some reason to indication of Tiokou (ST 3 for pain in shoulder or the same indication belongs to other points too?
There is indication to use some points of this meridian (for example, Wailing ST 26, Daju ST 27) to treat hernia. What it means? Is it possible only to relieve pain and muscle tension in case of strangulation of hernia or to lower or close hernia?
In “Note” for Dicang (ST 4) I see that this point together with Yingxiang (LI 20), Quanliao
(SI l , Qianzheng (EX-HN), and Hegu (LI 4) can be used to treat facial paralysis and trigeminal neuralgia. But point Qianzheng (EX-HN) not shown between Extra Points in Appendix and there is not its number.
Between points effective in treating irregular menstruation and dysmenorrhea appears Sanyinjiao (ST 6) (see “Note” for Tianshu (ST 25). I think, it is misprint; may be it means Sanyinjiao
(SP 6)?
For point Zusanli not explained depth of needle insertion. Is it 1 – 1.5 cun?
I have also one question about point Jing-riverqu (LU . Is this name right or it is misprint and it must be Jingqu?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 12:54:35
| Show the author posts only

Question:
During studying acupoints of Yang-ming meridian of foot (ST) I paid attention to one of indications for Zusanli point (ST 36), namely to treat epilepsy. Earlier I saw in literature contraindication to use this point in case of epilepsy and to be careful with other points of this meridian too. Is there some reason for this opinion?
Answer:
To tell the I don't agree with what you have learned before in the other literature!
Actually Zusanli is quite often used in China for treating epilepsy! The stomach meridian, the same as large intestine meridian, is known as being full of Qi and blood. So the mental disorders are closely related with the Qi and blood, so why cannot they be used in treating epilepsy?
I saw many chronic epileptic patients, they are looking pale and lustreless, even their hands are colder, apparently the case of insufficiency of Qi and blood. So is the indication of Stomach meridian!
Don't understand why it's contraindicated to epilepsy!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 12:56:42

Question:
Why just Taiyi (ST 23) and Huaroumen (ST 24) are recommended to treat mania?
Answer:
That's not true! Not only these two are used in the treatment of mania, many others of stomach meridian can be used as well, e.g. Lidui (ST 45), Neting (ST 44), Jiexi (ST 41), Zusanli (ST 36), Touwei (ST , Qichong (ST 30), Fenglong (ST 40), etc.
This type of mania is due to the excess or the abnormal movement of Qi and blood, so as we mentioned before, the stomach meridian is abundant with Qi and blood, and it's the long running course, from the head to the toes, so many points are used for this problem.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 12:56:51

Question:
Is there some reason to indication of Tiokou (ST 3 for pain in shoulder or the same indication belongs to other points too?
Answer:
Personally I think it's no reason! It's the unique or specific indication of the point.
As we have stated in the text, many points may have the specific actions or indications of their own. So is Tiaokou (ST 3. Other points of this meridian are not really used for this problem, but sometimes Yanglingquan (GB 34) would be used in some cases. For sure there are some points in the upper limb indicated to the disorder.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
5#
Post time: 2009-04-29 12:56:59

Question:
There is indication to use some points of this meridian (for example, Wailing ST 26, Daju ST 27) to treat hernia. What it means? Is it possible only to relieve pain and muscle tension in case of strangulation of hernia or to lower or close hernia?
Answer:
Acupuncture can be used to treat hernia, with such points as you mentioned. But sometimes, in ancient time in China, hernia could be only referred to the pain in the lower abdomin in the inguinal region. However, what it is, acupuncture is quite beneficial to ease the pain, whatever it is.
For sure it is not possible for acupuncture to heal the fiscias of the hernia, but it may help relieve the tension of the tissues since it may alleviate the pain, so for a continuous treatment for a while (2 or 3 months), there is such possibility (only the possibility) that the hernia can be healed completely.
Anyway, nowadays, acupuncture is only used as a supplementary cure for the treatment of hernia to those who cannot have or don't want to have the surgical operation, and patients are always recommended to have surgical treatment as the first choice.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
6#
Post time: 2009-04-29 12:57:08

Question:
In “Note” for Dicang (ST 4) I see that this point together with Yingxiang (LI 20), Quanliao (SI l , Qianzheng (EX-HN), and Hegu (LI 4) can be used to treat facial paralysis and trigeminal neuralgia. But point Qianzheng (EX-HN) not shown between Extra Points in Appendix and there is not its number.
Answer:
There is an extra point named Qianzheng, which however is not listed in the Standard Nomenclature of Acupunctrues Points either by Chinese authorities concerned nor by World Health Organization, so I cannot give the number of this point.
It is located on the face, 0.5 to 1 cun anterior to the ear lobe, and it can be needled for 0.5 to 0.8 cun, moxibustion can be done. It's the special point for facial paralysis (Bell's palsy and facial paralysis by disorders of the central nervous system) and trigeminal neuralgia.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
7#
Post time: 2009-04-29 12:57:16

Question:
Between points effective in treating irregular menstruation and dysmenorrhea appears Sanyinjiao (ST 6) (see “Note” for Tianshu (ST 25). I think, it is misprint; may be it means Sanyinjiao (SP 6)?
For point Zusanli not explained depth of needle insertion. Is it 1 – 1.5 cun?
I have also one question about point Jing-riverqu (LU . Is this name right or it is misprint and it must be Jingqu?

[b:6e3a1f12a8]Answer:[/b:6e3a1f12a8][/b][/color]
Sanyinjiao (SP 6) is the major point in the treatment of gynecological disorders.
Zusanli is needled the same as other points in the lege, so it can be needled as deep as 1 to 1.5 cun.
Yes, it is misprinted, the Jing-River point is Jingqu (LU .

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
8#
Post time: 2009-04-29 12:57:25

Thank you for your so fast and so detailed answers to each of my questions!
In my own practice of acupressure I saw that in fact there is possibility that the hernia can be healed completely. It relates to umbilical hernia (but not operated before!), however treating of inguinal hernia was less successfully, and such hernia healed only partially.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-03 08:21 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list