Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-29 12:53:05
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Earlier I studied that there are 7 standard acupoints on each of 12 regular
meridians such as Xi-Cleft points, Lou-Connecting points, Yuan-Primary points, Front-Mu points, Back-Shu points, Sedative points and Promotional points. In this course I don’t find sedative and promotional points between standard acupoints for each of 12 regular meridians.
For example, I studied that standard acupoints are:
for Stomach Meridian: for Liver Meridian:
Xi-Cleft point - Liangqiu (ST 34), - Zhongdu (LI 6)
Lou-Connecting point - Fenglong (ST 40), - Ligou (LI 5)
Yuan-Primary point - Chongyang (ST 42), - Taichong (LI3)
Front-Mu point - Weishu (RN 12), - Qimen (LI 14)
Back-Shu point - Weishu (BL 21), - Ganshu (BL 1
Sedative point - Lidui (ST 45) - Xingjian (LI 2)
Promotional point – Jiexi (ST 41) - Ququan (LI

I studied also, that Yuan-Primary points locate near the sedative and promotional points and can promote effect each of them when used after corresponding point.
So, my question: is it right in view of TCM?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 12:53:14
| Show the author posts only

I basically know what the sedative and promotional ones are meant by you, but presumed most probably you mean the Ying-spring and Shu-stream (also Yuan-primary) points. They are known as the Five-Shu points, including Well-well, Ying-Spring, Shu-Steam, Jing-river, and He-Sea points. There are also some reducing and reinforcing points, in our text in course D, some points ARE listed specifically for reinforcing the and reducing, e.g. reinforcing Qi, blood, kidney Qi, etc.
In fact Xi-Cleft points, Lou-Connecting points, Yuan-Primary points, Front-Mu points, Back-Shu points, etc are known as the specific points in traditional Chinese acupuncture, for they have some special functions or actions though they are the standard points in the twelve meridians.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 12:53:22

What you called the sedative and promotional points is a wrong idea, so you'd better wait and see course D, where there is the description of the Five-Shu points, which include what you mean the sedative and promotional points.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time: 2009-04-29 12:53:30

Thank you for your answer,
I see there are incorrect descriptions in literature I used before. So it was a good idea to take this course of real TCM!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
5#
Post time: 2009-04-29 12:53:38

Dear Sohyia,
Maybe your previous text of lecture stressed the mother-son reinforcing and reducing points for the use of the Five-Shu points can be in line with the this theory, so the Xingjian (LR 2) is the son point of liver meridian and Ququan (LR is its mother point. The son point is used for reducing while the mother point for reinforcing. But as those of Stomach meridian are concerned, it is a little perplexing! Not quite correct!
So you can go further into the Five-Shu points.l

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-03 08:19 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list