Examine Your Stool (3)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
7#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 12:26:03
| Show the author posts only

First of all, we have to be sure the bile moves to the intestines, not directly to the stomach.
Secondly, the yellow color of stool has a lot to do with the bile.
Then, apparently, when there’re troubles of the gallbladder or liver, or even some other organs, so the bile cannot be going to the intestine, but to some other parts of the body, sure the stool is white.
My question is: what color would be for the urine when the stool is white?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
6#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 12:25:53

Dear tutor:
My guess would be the same as the first version above, but then I looked at your previous post about using stool and urine as medicine. It says stool is bitter in taste and cold in nature. Neither bitter taste nor cold pertain to the earth element. Bitterness pertains to heat, and cold pertains to salty taste. But I still do not have a better guess.

Ed Austin

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
5#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 12:25:40

Dear Tutor,
I have two versions of possible answers. I hope that, may be, one of them can be correct

First version:
Through process of digesting, in which mainly stomach and spleen are involved, food is separating to the nutritive substances and wastes substances. Both the Spleen and Stomach are earth elements. Color of Earth is yellow. So the color of normal stool should be yellow.

Second version:
Color of normal stool is yellow because gallbladder helps digestion with its bile.
The bile is of a yellow, brown, or green color; it is secreted by the liver.
In jaundice, bile - instead of going by its normal way to the stomach - goes to the other parts of the body and gives them a yellow tint in color. Because in this case stomach lacks bile to digest food, the stool, which originate after separating food to clean and turbid as the end material, lacks yellow color.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 12:25:22

Dear lit_hua_nia,
I think first of all, you should be clear about why the normal stool is yellow in coler.
So please try to find the reason.

Tutor

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 12:25:11

Dear Tutor,
I remembered that once I heard that in jaundice there exists stool of white color. I tried to find something about this subject in the internet and found there only few words about white stool (and one sentence about green stool also). I put these fragments bellow. Is it really so, and white stool indicate jaundice?

“...White stool - can be jaundice, parasites, gallstone...”

http://books.google.com/books?id=7oCRSPXYS4YC&pg=PA165&lpg=PA165&dq=white+stool+TCM&source=web&ots=rkdeZA_rtx&sig=CRD4wV64gXs5fEStvCsX52UFK1s&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result

“COLOR
Pale, almost white stools indicate Cold in the Large intestine.
Green stools indicate Liver-Qi invading the Spleen.
Greenish-bluish stools indicate the penetration of external Cold into the Large Intestine (common in babies).

CONSISTENCY
Sticky stools that necessitate brushing the toilet with a toilet brush every time indicate Dampness in the intestines.

SHAPE
Stool like small pellets indicate Liver-Qi stagnation or Heat if they are also dry.
Long and thin stools like pencils indicate Spleen-Qi deficiency (but bear in mind that they could also indicate carcinoma of the bowel)”

http://www.ontcm.com/artical/neonatal_jaundice_2.html
“...white stool”,
“...pottery clay color stool”

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 12:24:55

Hi, Friends!
I have posted three articles on the examination of urine and stools, just to enable the green hands of traditional Chinese medicine to have a picture of the urine and stool in a different angle beyond the Medboo text. In a Chinese saying: to cast a brick to draw the jade. So my goal is to attract more instructive and useful opinions on the examination of urine and stool, so everyone in this forum please post your valuable opinion in examining urine and stool in terms of traditional Chinese medicine, so everybody would share the riche experience and knowledge of traditional Chinese medical diagnosis.
Come on, friends!!! Don't mean your posts!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-18 07:13 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list