[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-29 11:45:06
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

[b:d0a9ca3f5a]Sleeping Positions[/b:d0a9ca3f5a]
If a person is unable to sleep supine (lying on the back), it indicates an Excess condition, often of the Lungs or Heart. The "Simple Questions" in chapter 46 says: "The Lung is the 'lid' of the other organs, when Lung-Qi is in Excess [i.e. obstructed by a pathogenic factor] the channels and blood vessels are full and the person cannot lie on the back".This often occurs in asthma, for example, when the Lungs are obstructed by Phlegm.
If a person can only sleep on the back with the arms outstretched, it indicates a Hot condition. If a person always sleeps in a prone position, it indicates a Deficiency condition often of the Stomach.
If a person can only sleep on one side it indicates that there is either a deficiency of Qi-Blood on that side of the body or an Excess on the opposite side. This especially applies to Heart or Lungs and can be checked on the pulse. By rolling the finger medially and laterally on the Lung pulse one can feel the state of Qi in right (laterally) and left (medially) lung. If an imbalance is felt, the patient is only able to sleep on the deficient side.
[b:d0a9ca3f5a]Snoring[/b:d0a9ca3f5a]
Snoring is usually due to Phlegm affecting the Stomach channel and to rebellious Qi in the three Yang channels of the leg. Chapter 34 of the "Simple Questions" says:
Those who suffer from rebellious Qi cannot sleep well and have noisy breathing [snoring], this is due to rebellious Qi in the Bright Yang channels. When the Qi of the three Yang channels of the leg cannot flow down and rebels upwards it causes insomnia and snoring

Giovanni Maciocia CAc(Nanjing)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 11:45:15
| Show the author posts only

A good post!

But according to the Daoist idea, the best postion for sleep is the lateral recumbent, it doesn't matter left or right.

My Taiji teacher could sleep in this position for night long!
Think, a 80-plus female could keep this position for a whole night!!!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 11:45:23

Dear Tutor

I make this quotation in this post for persons that doesn’t have good health !!
Indeed healthy persons and Especially Daoist masters take the the lateral recumbent
Position and I have heard they prefer the right lateral position .. what is your opinion ?

I don’t understand what you mean for.. 80-plus female .. you mean 80 years old ?

Best regards
D.V.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 11:45:32

Yes, my Taiji teacher has passed away 3 years ago at the age of 89.

When she was alive, she could sleep the whole night with only one position, either left or right lateral recombent.

The Daoist favorite position is not really limited only to the right recumbent the left recumbent is also taken as well.

Tutor

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
5#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 11:45:41

dear Tutor

it is very inderesting indeed !!!
i thank you for this sugestion ..
i feel respect for your Daoist master woman .. trough you i feel her enlightment..

have a nice day
D.V,

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
6#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 11:45:49

Dear Dionisios,
She is not a Daoist master, she is my Taiji teacher!

She has passed away 3 years ago!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-05 12:17 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list