Eye Diagnosis

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-29 11:44:11
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

I Dear Tutor : saw in another post here that a question on the eyes was not answered and perhaps another forum would be used to do that . I fiind this very interesting and wondered if that has been done so we can discuss the eye a bit more ? It Is my understanding that the parts of the eye are devided up in TCM, as they relate to the YIN organs as follows , Spleen -flesh arround the eyes , Heart -inner and outer canthus , Liver - Iris , Kidney-pupil, Lung , sclera . Is this correct ? I believe they were reffered to as the five Wheels ? my next question involves a western diagnostic method called sclerology where the Sclera is examined and the position of the small red lines in the sclera are recorded and by the postion that they occur , they are linked to the various organs . So a red line in a certain quadrent of the eye would indicate a lung problem etc. I have found this method very accurate and wonderd in TCM if any such attention is paid to the lines in the sclera or just the color ? Is eye diagnosis of tCM taught in the Medboo program ? If not is their a good text book I can buy that shows the colors of the various eye sections relating to the pathology ? Thank you . Dr Sanders

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 11:44:21
| Show the author posts only

Dear Tutor , I hope your computer is not broken again ? Have you seen my question ? Is is this not the sectioin to ask questions and recieve answers on diagnotic principles in TCM? I think the eye questions are an important part of this . In the Medboo material it states to not disregard any of the diagnostic methods or one can get too one sided . In this case I need to understand the eye and how it works in diagnnosis or I will be leaving out a segment of inspection I should not ignore . If thier has been another forum created for this topic please advise Thank you . Dr Sanders

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 11:44:29

Dear Dr. Sanders,
Of course the eye diagnosis is paid attention in TCM, as you have mentioned the five wheels.

But we don't use the western way you have mentioned!

Medboo won't teach much eye diagnosis at the moment and I cannot recommend any books on eye diagnosis, for these books are of no English version.

Personally I prefer to master fully one method, instead 0f looking around.

So I would concentrate more on the pulse and tongue, the very conventional ways of making diagnosis in TCM.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 11:44:37

Dear Tutor thank you for the reply. Yes I am studying the tongue and pulse diagnosis but I find the pulse diagnosis would be better understood if I had a teacher present who could confirm what I think I am feeling . I am trying to locate a seminar in the usa that deals with it so I can see if what I think I am feeling is correct. The tongue diagnosis is easier for me as I can compare what I am seeing to pictures from my course and other books I purchased on my own with many collored examples . My desire for the eye diagnosis was similar . If there were charts and colors I could see , I could back up what I thought I found in the tongue and pulse techniques and pictures are easier to understand in a distance learning program. Forinstance in the Medboo pulse section it refers to (fig) meaning to see a picture but none is provided . I think it would really help if that (Fig) printing actualy linked to a real figure for us to see . Their must have been the desire to place a picture in the course in the first place or I wonder why the printing (Fig) after the explanation was even put their ? I also bought extra text books and am taking another course on Herbs that did provide with some detailed pictures that has helped me . With that in mind I recieved yesterday a book I sent for entitled Healing your Eyes With Chinese Medicine by Andy Rosenfarm LAC and with suporting info from Zhejiang college of TCM in China . While it deals with what syndromes can cause eye maladies it does have pictures and a chart showing how the eye relates to the organs , ellements and five wheels . So anyway it is in English and maybe all that is now printed in English . I found it most useful .

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
5#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 11:44:45

It's good you have got a book on eye diagnosis, published in English!
Eye diagnosis is a traditional way for diagnosis, certainly, but it has never been a mainstream in TCM diagnostics.

Besides, one cannot learn TCM completely only through internat!

The Medboo courses of TCM is just a preliminary introduction to TCM!
If one wants to be really of mastery of TCM, he/she has to attend classes and follow a TCM clinician.

To tell the truth, some of students just want to take all the treasures of TCM by means of paying only several hundreds of dollars, it sounds ridiculous!

We've been studying and practicing TCM here in China for many years, and still everyday we could find something new and interesting.
It is not so easy to grasp this sophiscated system.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-03 02:26 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list