[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-29 11:35:58
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear Tutor,
I had been repeated study and reviews all the long of the courses book and materials. Currently I had plunge into TCM Clinical environment. Do Tutor have any guidles for beginners who want to do practical clinic? Thank you

Regards,
Johan Ho

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 11:36:07
| Show the author posts only

Dear Johan,

It's very nice to know you're doing clionical practice of TCM!!!
What guidance do you want?

I first of all you must let the patients accept you!!!
Maybe you should review the text again and try to remember the ways and methods of asking questions from patients.

Of course the pulse is very important, but I couldn't help much, even your clinical teacher couldn't. You must review the descriptions for the pulse and try to find the feeling of what is described therein all by yourself.

Ok, you might write me during your practice, I'm sure you'll have more and more new findings.

Tutor

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 11:36:22

Dear Tutor,
I just do clincial practice only for certain day. however onething that make me confuse about to do diagnose things. for example I had been try feeling the patient pulse, it wasn't easy like what in the book say. and even my clinical teacher also don't know how to explain..

for the tonque color, I a little bit know how to differentiate the color of the fur and its shape. for example if tonque fur is yellowish its means the stomach area are in heat. but sometime fake fenomena will happen like, if the patients just finished smoking, the tonque fur will also appear in yellowish. am I right? tutor?

ok tutor the guidance what i expect from tutor is: s what we need to do. after all the books and references is already in our head and how to apply in real clinical practice. for example the methods or way to asking patients and how to answer them, the way of differentation of syndrome. or maybe tutor do you have any references book for practical TCM instead of theory of TCM?

I am used to be silent don;t know how to answer, if some patients ask about his/her disease that out from TCM view or something i didn't experience from, like western view. it does mean we ought to know some general things from western view right?

What we do in clinic always do the first procedure that is check the tension of patients heart then do diagnosis. Does Tutor also do that procedure?

Best Regards,
Johan Ho

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 11:36:32

Dear JohanHo,
I think your first thing is to observe what your clinical teach is doing!

Then I think you'll get to the way of why and how he's doing, and then you could review the text again and try to make a connection between the text and the clinic.

I cannot recommend any books for the clinical guidance, I learned traditional Chinese medicine in a quite different way, practical things first, and then theory.

And of course I'm very smart myself, hahahahaha...... (joking!)

As to the tongue, yes, a bit yellowish tongue fur might suggest the heat, but not always in the stomach area, so you might find the answer again from the book.

Please don't forget the connections of the internal organs!!!
The Five elements, the Yin and Yang, etc, are all useful in clinic.

It's a long way to go to understand traditional Chinese medicine.

Tutor

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
5#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 11:36:41

Dear Tutor,
Thank you for your kindly advise

I think, it seem tutor are very alergic with western view of doctor. sometimes If I ask a about western view of doctor, Tutor just ommit my question? am I right?

Anyway you are right tutor, by observing patients and try to combine with text books and its enlighten up my brain

maybe After i get some others observation and example case and try to ask you again tutor ok? ok. take care

Regards,
Johan Ho

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
6#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 11:36:51

Dear JohanHo,
To tell the truth, I'm not really allergic with western medicine, not at all.
I just concentrate on telling you more about how to do the clinical practice of traditional Chinese medicine!

In fact, I'm a bit allergic with dryness.

Yes, of course some basic knowledge of western medicine is quite essential to any medical or health-care practitioners!!!

But that's not the requirement for the Medboo students, for everyone has his/her choice, Medboo cannot force the students do anything they are unwilling to do.

So, I seldome say much about western mediicine here in Medboo.

And for quite sure I'm much better in traditional Chinese medicine than in western medicine.

Tutor

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-03 01:10 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list