[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-29 11:10:25
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear Tutor

I really like this course. Is it funny when you feel you want to examine body of every one you meet?

Still. I have some questions about feeling the pulse and need some help from you.

According to the materials, feeling the pulse in TCM will base on three regions: cun, guan, and chi. Does reading in abnormal pulse, saying surging pulse or string-taut pulse, require mutual feeling of the thee fingers located on the three regions or separate feeling of each finger?

And how I can correctly distinguish the different types of abnormal pulses. Do you have some useful tips?

My another query looks too simple but I'm not sure I will practice accurately. It is said in the materials that: the region "opposite" the styloid prcess of the radius is known as quan. The styloid prcess of the radius is on the thumb side of forearms and near the wrist where radius artery is located, right?. If so, I don't understand the meaning of ''opposite'' pointed out the region of quan.

Could you please give me an easier explaination where are precise
three locations used for pulse taking?

Thank you

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 11:10:35
| Show the author posts only

Dear Sonus,

In fact, in this forum, there are several posts talking about the pulse diagnosis. e.g. "A letter from Dr. H on pulse diagnosis (1)"

As your question is concerned, I think the text tells clearly. i.e. to feel all the three positions Cun, Guan Chi first, and then, one may take each position respectively one by one.

To distinguish the abnormal pulse, one needs first of all to read correctly the text, to understand the metaphorical ways; secondly to practice diligently; and third to try to generalize the experience.

In any way, the practice is the most important step.

The word "opposite" is not a correct word, the better word is peripheral or proximal, or in another word, the far position or the near position to the styloid process (which is known as the guan position). So, the peripheral one is the Cun and the proximal one is the Chi.

Is this clear now?
If not, please let me know.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 11:10:45

Thanks, for your answers Tutor.

I understand that the procedure of pulse taking requires both three fingers feeling and each position feeling because each position refers to each crucial zang-fu organ. But I just wonder that if ones can understand the the metaphorical ways of pulse, saying rolling or surging, by feeling each pulse position or it needs mutual feeling of three fingure to distinguish the metaphorical way, in other words, if each pulse region- cun or guan or chi, can present 28 abnormal pulse forms or it only indicates the 6 categories of pulse.

I initially think ones may have to rely on the feeling of pulse passing through three fingers to perceive the feeling of rolling, surging, etc pulses.

Based on your answers in previous postings, however, it's likely that each of pulse region can give the feeling 28 abnormal pulse forms by itself. Is it right?

Thank you

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 11:10:54

What I meant the metaphoric way is the description of each pulse!
E.g. the string-taut pulse is straight and long, feels like a string of a musical instrument.
Mind it, it's straight and long, not short and twisted.
And one needs to feel what the string is like.

Generally speaking, each position may feel a pulse different from those of the other positions, but the speed and rhythm should not be different from one another.
One couldn't feel 78 beats in Guan while 69 in Cun, or 85 in Chi; or the missing 6 beats in minute in Chi but 8 in Cun. It's impossible!!!

There could be different shape and depth of pulse in different positions. e.g. deep in Chi, superficial in Cun, and string-taut in Guan and thready in Chi, etc.

In fact, I mentioned this situation in other posts.

[quote:4a871b2883]I understand that the procedure of pulse taking requires both three fingers feeling and each position feeling because each position refers to each crucial zang-fu organ. But I just wonder that if ones can understand the the metaphorical ways of pulse, saying rolling or surging, by feeling each pulse position or it needs mutual feeling of three fingure to distinguish the metaphorical way, in other words, if each pulse region- cun or guan or chi, can present 28 abnormal pulse forms or it only indicates the 6 categories of pulse.

I initially think ones may have to rely on the feeling of pulse passing through three fingers to perceive the feeling of rolling, surging, etc pulses.

Based on your answers in previous postings, however, it's likely that each of pulse region can give the feeling 28 abnormal pulse forms by itself. Is it right? [/quote:4a871b2883]

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
5#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 11:11:03

Thank you very much Tutor, your answers are much more clear. I will try to practice following your suggestion.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
6#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-29 11:11:13

I know you will! You love traditional Chinese medicine!

I'm also confident you will be a great physician of traditional Chinese medicine.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-04 04:24 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list