Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-29 10:54:28
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Reverend tutor Dr David Du

I have some queries on studying course B diagnosis of TCM

1. from an email before i wrote about yin deficiency and yang deficiency.. without to point out what I was meant !

I would like say that if a patient that has yang deficiency is mostly susceptible to catch a cold due to low pathogenic qi ; …and if one has yin deficiency is mostly susceptible for syndromes of heat tipe ;

2. from the second part of course B diagnosis of TCM .. the disease is not complicated with two or three syndromes :

In a severe disease can I suppose at a first glance that a patient may have compacted syndromes of cold and heat or true false phenomena in deficiency and excess;

3. in differentiating syndromes I don’t know why there aren’t syndromes of 12 meridians ..

For if making differentiation I may make a mistake to conclude falsely that a disease is in zang fu organs !!

I would like to thank you for your interest on helping me ..

Your student xxxx

Dear xxxxx
Nice to hear from you again!
Let's discuss your questions.
1). Yes, you are basically right! When there is Yang deficiency, the patient is mostly susceptible to catching a cold and teh Yin deficience would be more liable to the a synderomes of a heat type, a deficient heat type.
2). Yes, of course in severe diseases there would be the complicated or sophiscated conditions, the mixture of cold and heat, the excess and deficiency, or true/false phenomena of excess and deficiency, as the text states.
In clinic, there could be very complicated conditions, so, the same as other branches of science, the theory of traditional Chinese medicine could only states part or even a very small part of the clinical conditions, so to treat patients in clinic, you have to know how to use the theories well and that's also why it is greatly stressed that one has to make a very good command or mastery of the fundamental theories, it's a thorough understanding. Only then, one probably could use well the knowledge to treat patients.
3). The differentiation of syndromes talked about in the text is mainly involved with the differentiation of syndromes according to eight principle and differentiation of syndromes according to the theory of zang-fu organs, because this two systems are the most important ones. For sure there are some other systems of differentiation of syndromes, but these two are much more useful and a bit easier to be grasped by foreigners, as they are apparently stated in the text.
I think you could read again Chapter 2 of the text of course B.
Certainly there are syndromes of 12 regular meridians, that's much simpler.
Bye!
Best regards
Dr. Du

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-01 03:53 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list