[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-29 10:53:53
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Reverend tutor Dr David Du

I feel very glad to have the opportunity studying the so marvelous science of traditional Chinese medicine.

Your fascinating program made me somehow to grasp a clear approach on the theory of yin yang , five elements and diagnosis of syndromes…

Still remains a long way for learning….

I have some queries on studying course B diagnosis of TCM

1. A bad weather or during a full moon does not influence the course of exact diagnosis?

2. Is there any daily time to make diagnosis?

3. Concerning pulse diagnosis :

A) Both men and women have slight imbalance of yin yang. How can I define and specify this imbalance on pulse?

B) I made a logical thought firstly to take the pulse of right hand CUN as this has something to do with the meeting place of all blood vessels.Is this appropriate?

C) In the course of reading material is referring that the ZANG YIN organs are figured on the CUN GUAN CHI positions of the left and right hands but where I can find the correlating FU YANG bowels? I think that the pulse of FU YANG bowels is

Deeper than ZANG YIN organs as the bowels are under diaphragm.Is this true?

4. A) In the syndrome of yin deficiency why this happen to have sweating at night and tidal fever and stops upon waking? Night is yin within yin from the theory of study.. this yin external influence does not support yin deficiency ?

B) in yin deficiency and yang deficiency there is a deficiency of antipathogenic qi …

If one is infected by pathogenic qi . Is logical to to say that on yin deficiency pathogenic qi can cause –wind heat syndrome and yang deficiency –wind cold?

I would like to thank you for your support and feel sorry for so many queries …

Yours truly

DIONISIOS VOGLIS
Dear Dionisios Voglis,
It's long time no hearing from you!
I'm sure you've been doing well in everything.
Let's discuss your questions.
1). Bad weather or full moon may influence more or less the diagnosis, but not too much, so usually the influence would be ignored.
2). If possible, it is optimal to make the diagnosis in the early morning, especially for the pulse diagnosis.
3).
A. Yes, it's true that there's imbalance between Yin and Yang in all the people.
To take the pulse, nowadays we usually concentrate on the disorders of the specific organs, but personally I presume it's also important to be aware of the imbalance of Yin and Yang, so usually I think one side of the pulse would be a little bit weaker than the other side. Or in a certain position, the pulse could be a little weaker, in reality the person has nothing wrong with the organ, so you may think it's the NORMAL imbalance.
B. Usually in clinic, we don't think that much! You could start to take the pulse from any side, but we'll take all the three positions on one side first, and then to take the individual positions one by one. You don't have to take the right CUN first.
C. As the Fu organs are concerned, you may think they could be detected in the pulse position of the corresponding Zang organs, e.g. you may find the condition of small intestine in the heart pulse.
And to take the pulse, we should think of stomach all the time, so it is essential to feel the stomach, the vitality, and the root of the pulse. It's a more sophiscated part of taking pulse.
Personally, I think the Fu organs in the Lower Jiao could be detected more easily, i.e. the large intestine and urinary bladder. The right GUAN could tell the condition of stomach while the left GUAN tells the gallbladder. The small intestine is much simpler, so it could be included in the stomach and spleen.
For sure the Fu organs are NOT deeper than the Zang organs, they are considered as exterior, while the Zang organs are interior, so which ones should be deeper?
4).
A. The night is Yin, so there should be enough Yin to balance the Yang. So when the Yin becomes insufficient, what will happen? The Yang will go inside to push more Yin out, so resulting in night sweating. When the Yang is relatively too much, there could be tidal fever.
B. I didn't quite catch you on this point. Please tell me more about it.

You are welcome to put forward your questions on the text of Medboo courses. I'll try all my best to answer you with my personal understanding.
OK, bye!
Best regards
Dr. Du

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-04-30 16:52 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list