TCM and Macrobiotics

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-28 17:35:01
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

First of all, I am honored to participate in the studies from your Academy, and great Mr. David Du, my tutor.
I have been taking courses over an extended time (over 20 years-I am 48 now) about oriental philosophy, order of the universe, macrobiotics etc. Still even if this basic yinyang theory/philosophy seems simple there is always a lot to learn and understand about it, it is in fact subblte and complex.
Moreover I would like to know your opinion about the yinyang concept that unites both TMC and macrobiotics, which actually stemms from TMC.
Personally I put more trust in TCM as it is far longer ancient and might therefore not be tainted by some personal re-interpretations of the factors of the yinyang in any existing phenomena.
For instance in the basic life giver element water, it is yin by nature, but once it starts to condense, like in ice, does it get yang (because it is hard and solid now frozen) within yin and when it evaporates submitted to heat, it is yang because it is raising and hot, due to fire (by any heat source)application; etc. examples like this one are quite often found in nature.
So thank you for being my tutor again, this is all for now.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:35:13
| Show the author posts only

Dear Beatriz:
Nice to meet you here online!
You are welcome to study Medboo courses of traditional Chinese medicine.
I'm honored to be with you during your study.
It seems you have a good background of traditional medicine in your place, which so might be more or less helpful to the study of Medboo courses of TCM.

As to your question, theoretically it seems you have studied the Yin-Yang theory more or less.
To be simpler, the Yang is invisible or is visible but intangible, and of course it is functional; while the Yin is substantial, i.e. visible and tangible.

So the water is Yin, so is ice, or the latter is even more Yin.

When the water becomes air or gas after being evaporated, it is then of Yang.
I think after you have read the Yin-Yang knowledge in the text, especially the properties of Yin and Yang, you will have a better understanding about it.

I think it's good to discuss these theoretical questions.

Tutor

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-04 04:57 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list