[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-28 17:32:08
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear Tutor,

I am wondering about what exactly the triple energizer is. In my mind, I can think about it to be similar to the peritoneum which covers the organs in western anatomy. Or since there are three sections of the triple energizer, would it refer to the diaphragm also? Or perhaps fascia? I know that there aren't always exact analogous or matching organs for TCM and western medicine, but I also know there are some similarities sometimes. Is this reasoning about what the triple energizer is correct?

Also, I have been considering essence as explained to us by the text. We have acquired essence and congenital essence given to us by our parents. My question is about the congenital essence. The text tells us that the congenital essence is nourished and supported by the acquired essence, but I wonder about the process of where congenital essence comes from in the first place. While a baby is in utero, its congenital essence is supplied by parents, so I wonder what this means for a pregnant woman. Does it mean that the more children she has, the more depleted her own essence may be? Or does it imply that the acquired essence the woman receives from her diet during her pregnancy is all the more important because she must nourish her own and her child's congenital essence? Or both? Or neither? Or perhaps the congenital essence just refers to the unision of egg and sperm?

I know that I may be trying to fly again, but I do have a very special interest in this topic, and I am trying to understand by applying the information I am learning. Can you help me to see how this idea of congenital essence actually happens?

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

Amanda Ju

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:32:19
| Show the author posts only

Dear Amanda,
Let’s discuss your questions.
First, there’s no agreement on what the triple energizer is in the filed of traditional Chinese medicine in China!
Yes, there is one opinion that it is the peritoneum but not really the diaphragm. Others would say it is the pancreas. Anyway, nobody could find a good explanation for this organ in traditional Chinese medicine.
Second, the congenital essence is something from the parents, as the text says, from both the father and mother, so it could be involved with both the egg and the sperm!
It is understood in TCM that the congenital essence is more important, of course we cannot live on without the acquired essence, but the body build, the strength, the vitality, and also the mentality are all dependent much more on the congenital essence.
Sure the nutrients during the pregnancy is very important, but that’s something else, for the nutrients would support the mother first. Without the congenital essence, what the acquired essence is good for?

As to the point of multiple births of children, I have to say yes, that will indeed deplete the Mom’s congenital essence! But it also depends on the congenital essence of her own. J

Ok, that’s my understanding for the essence.

Tutor

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-04 11:08 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list