| |

Mebo--TCM Forum

Forgot password?  
 Register
Search
View: 3214|Reply: 5
Print Prev. thread Next thread

How quickly one element promotes another one?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-28 17:22:48
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear Tutor,
Theory of Five Elements says that elements promote and restrict each other seeking to achieve a relative balance of a system.

May I ask you, what is the speed of such promotion or restriction? I.e. what time is needed for one organ (for example, mother element) will force promotion of another organ (his son element)? Does this promotion is completed in seconds, or minutes, or in hours, or in days? Thank you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:23:00
| Show the author posts only

Are you talking science or philosophy?

A mountain could block a river, maybe the mountain has been formed in thousands and thousands of years, so how quick the earth restrict the water?

In your life long this promotion and restriction are taking place, so how quick do they work?
Or should I say how slow?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:23:11

Dear Tutor,
Sometimes it is difficult for me to formulate question in a right way in English language from the first attempt. I am sorry.

I wanted to ask about element’s speed of mutual promotion or restriction not from the point of view of philosophy or abstract science, but how quickly organs of the body promote or restrict each other on practise?

For example, if Liver yang becomes excessive, then what time should pass until the son organ of the Liver - the Heart will become excessive, and after that what time should pass until the Spleen will become deficient?

It is clear that this promotion or restriction of real organs in the real body of a man happen not at a moment but in some quantity of time. What this time might be? Thank you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:23:23

Dear lit_hua_nia,
In fact your previous question was indeed not clear!
Now I understand you!
You meant the pathological conditions. right?

That's dependent on the patients' individual condition!
It could be very quick sometimes, for example, a heart attack because of the emotional problem!

Or diarrehea leading to the deficiency of spleen Qi, or the deficiency of Qi in the whole body.

Of course it could be slow too! Some females would have the liver Qi stagnation all life long, and they do have more or less spleen-stomach problems, but it takes quite long for them to suffer really a severe condition, e.g. cancer.
So, it all depends. That's TCM, it is very much individualized.

In fact western medicine is also individualized in this way more or less in some western countries, by some medical practitioners! That's the truth!

But as to physiology, this is taking place all life long, and consistently!

Tutor

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
5#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:23:34

Dear Tutor,
Thank you very much for your kind reply. Yes, I really meant the pathological conditions.

[quote:ecaca085dc="tutor"]That's dependent on the patients' individual condition! [/quote:ecaca085dc]
Is it possible to say, that the weaker is the patient, then the quicker this pathological promotion or restriction of body’s organs happens?
Thank you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
6#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:23:43

Dear lit_hua_nia,
No, I don't think you have caught the situation!

Being weaker means the body condition is hypoactive, how could the restriction and promotion in the body be quicker?

Besides, what's the use of make sure how quick the process of the promotion and restriction is?
I feel that you are making the simple things complicated, but that's not the right way to learn TCM, or to learn anything Chinese.

Tutor

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-04 04:45 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list