Blood -Liquid-Air

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-28 17:15:08
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear Tutor I have a book called Chinese Herb Medicine and Therapy by Dr. Hong-Yen Hsu. In this book they speak of the Theory of Hsui-Shui-Chi (Blood -liquid -Air) I understand these basic concepts but what is a little confusing is that when they speak of the air in this book , they are calling it Chi. Here they are calling for disease resulting in an accumulation of Chi in the body , but they they call it air also . They devide it up into ascending and melencholic and refer to the bad chi as Ping Chi. Is this the same as Xie Qi , or does the spelling chi only refer to wind or air ? Since I have studied the abnormal ascending and Descending Qi it seems that part is the same but when they refer to this Ping Chi as an acumulation of Air it confuses me with an accumulation of wind or wind evil . In the course Wind is refered to as the predominant QI of the spring and the most pathogenic factor for exterior conditions so does it have a name like ping Chi ? It is the fact that Chi sounds so much like Qi to me that is also a little confusing . Thank you .[/url]

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:15:21
| Show the author posts only

Dear Tutor I posted this question three days ago with no reply , have you seen it yet ? I Am hoping for an answer. Thank you .

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:15:33

Dear Tutor Is their a reason I can not get an answer to my question I have noticed questions posted after mine were answered before it , so it seems you have been here reading the questions ? Have you seen my question.? Maybe it was missed somehow. I am hoping to be able to get answers to my questions on the forums to help me in my studies ? Thank you again in advance for answering this question .

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:15:44

Dear Tutor or others reading this . Please let me know what a normal time frame is to recieve an answer to a question on this forum. This is now day four . I realize from reading other people similar s concerns in getting answers that the forum is not viewed daily but I thought a few days was about the normal time period.CAN ANYONE ENLIGHTEN ME ON WHEH I MIGHT GET THE ANSWER . Thank you .

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
5#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:15:52

Hallo, I am just joking - please, forgive me - but... are you going to develop an excess of Yang, maybe related to the Yangqi of liver???

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
6#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:16:04

Hello Maurizio , at least someone replied !!!! I think Maybe closer to Liver Qi stagnation, I am getting the stiff neck, jaw tension etc . If this does not stop it could turn into Liver Qi invading spleen and stomach !!!! Did you know this is the one stagnation condition that is a root problem ? Has the Tutor left town ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
7#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:16:15

Dear eagles.
Sorry for the delay in answering you!

It's all because of my bad computer!

Ok, let's discuss your questions.
In fact it is all in concerns with the translation and the different pronounciation in Chinese.

First of all, I don't think the translation of accumulation of air is a good one!
In fact, it is a terrible translation!!!
Just try to think that in your body some air is accumulated, is that a good picture?

Nowadays, this terminology is known as the stagnation of Qi.

The reason I always stress as Qi, not Chi is because in China we have the standard pronouciation, which has already taken as a part of ISN, so the translation into other Chinese dialect is not acceptable.

Ping Qi here seems the other way of spelling of Bing Qi, and we usually nowadays call it the pathogenic Qi.
In daily practice, sometimes we would also call it disease Qi, or evil Qi.
Bing Qi and Xie Qi could be more or less different, as Bing Qi could be included in Xie Qi.

Wind is a different concept, wind is wind, which is not mixed with Qi!
We never say the kidney wind, but always kidney Qi.

The concept of wind in TCM is quite the same to that of our common sense, but there's a concept of internal wind, which however is not really anything substantial, rather, it is the way of summarizing a special process of pathogenesis. When you move to the second part of course A you'll learn what the internal wind is.

Hope this is a little helpful to make the situation clearer to you.

Bye!
Tutor

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
8#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:16:24

Dear Tutor thank you very much for the reply . It makes things more clear that the translation of the book I have is very bad . It was a bit confusing but now it is much better

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
9#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:16:34

Hello,
Here is a link to a textbook of TCM which you can buy via internet. Perhaps this book is traslated better.

http://www.acupuncture.com/merchant3/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=eshop&Product_Code=BC7586

"Foreign Languages Press

Hailed as a classic since its first edition in 1987, Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion is an authoritative teaching text the world over. The editors of this book combined clinical experience and modern research into this comprehensive new edition.

572 pages"

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
10#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:16:46

Thank you , I also have this book . The other is very interesting because it breaks down all types of people and the herbs that suit body types,skin colors , color of stool and uirine etc but in places the translation is , as seen not good. I did think an acumualtion of air was possible as in gas pockets that can make the heart or stomach ache , probably now seen as a reversal of Qi or refluxive Qi

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-04 01:34 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list