[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-28 17:01:17
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

hello sir ,
well this is the third day i am posting a new topic .my previous topic has also not been replied yet.i would like to request the tutor that if he won't guide me in time how am i suppose to study ahead unless my doubts are cleared.
plzz help me in this regard becoz i m using this forum for the first time .am i doing a mistake like i should directly mail the tutor or the tutor is supposed to reply me on this forum only ?.neither the tutor is responding nor any class fellow is taking interest .well i knw that this is not your heacdache but atleast the tutor replying is medboo's responsibilty.
hope that u reply me now becoz when i joined the medoo i was told that i can clear my doubt by the help of tutor david dude.well its my fourth day in medboo and still no response .

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:01:26
| Show the author posts only

Dear Sana,
To tell the truth, the questions in this forum are not answered or replied everyday, usually I would have a look everyday and try to make early answers to the questions, but not always!

In fact, this time it's all because of the electricity, so I cannot go internet, for sure I couldn't open this webpage and read your posts.

Usually, if you write directly to the above-mentioned email address, the reply could be earlier.

Anyhow, sorry for the delayed reply, and I will try to make earlier reply later.

Tutor

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:01:36

hello sir ,
thanks a lot for replying my queries .i will try my level best to understand as much as i can .but you knw as im reading this subject first time so its quite difficult for me to link the western medical concept which i have already studied to the new TCM concept which i m studying now.so hope that i can get more and more knowledge from you .

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:01:47

Dear Sana,
As a matter of fact, majority of Medboo students are of western medical background!

It seems they are doing well with the course.
I think they had tried to distinguish the difference between traditional Chinese and western medical system.

Many of them have got a good understanding by reading the texts.

I'm sure you'll do so in a short time.

Tutor

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
5#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:02:00

Dear Sana,

Like you I am also a beginning student of TCM. I also have an extensive background on Western Medicine which admittedly differs with certain concepts of TCM.

To be successful in studying TCM I suggest that you try to have an open-mind. Don't try to downgrade these TCM concepts (like what the others did) just because these concepts do not measure to the rigorous standards of 'scientific method'.

Don't try to compare TCM with Western medical theories because you will just be confused. Try to understand them as they are. Learn to appreciate them as wisdom developed through the centuries by a unique and culturally rich people that is still being practiced today by millions of individuals throughout the world.

Although the lessons from Medboo are sufficient and adequate, try also to read from other sources and books. Doing so, will give you new pespectives and your lessons will be reinforced.

Try to allot a certain time each day to study your lessons and be sure you have read the lessons at least twice before taking the exam. Don't worry about the exams though, as long as you study well I know you will pass.

By being open-minded, appreciative and resourceful you will enjoy the lessons as I do.

Mike

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
6#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:02:17

hi ,,,

well thanks alot for the guidance u gave .... i also feel that u r right about having an open minded appraoach for studying TCM or else i will mingle it up if i keep on linking it with western medicine ...well it will be of great help if u can give me any tips for the exams also becoz i am going to have an exam soon ...its my first exam so im a bit nervous...never gave an online exam be4
ok then
take care
bye

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
7#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 17:02:40

here a book to read excellent to get a grasp of some of the concepts of TCM by understanding its history. The is Chinese Medical Qigong by Professor Kerry Alan Johnson PHD. D.T.C.M., D.M.Q. (CHINA). Volume 1 Chapter 1 Introduction to Medical Qigong and Chapter 2 Understanding Ancient Chinese Metaphysics. Just some background reading for fun. It has for me really started to uncover just how insightful early TCM practitioner were. Hope this helps.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-04 18:56 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list