| |

Mebo--TCM Forum

Forgot password?  
 Register
Search
View: 3392|Reply: 3
Print Prev. thread Next thread

Chapter 1: section2 Theory of the Five Elements..

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-28 16:33:47
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear Tutor,
I had read the chapter one and section 2 about 5 elements. by the way I had understand the mechanism of 5 elements behaviours like
1. Mutual promotion
2. Restriction
3. Subjugation
4. Reverse Restriction

Lets take example: of Liver Deficiency failure to store blood.
from the point of mother and child (mutual promotion)
if child (liver) is deficiency then should support the mother(Kidney) to noursih the child(liver)

from the point of Restriction
Metal(lung) is restrict Wood(Liver)
if Liver is deficiency then should nourish the liver and inhabit the Lungs.

from the point of Reverse Restriction
Liver is reverse restrict by the spleeen. if Liver is deficiency and then should inhabit the spleen and noursih the liver.

The question is clinical practice how do we know which one of the organ should be nourshihed? supported? inhibited?

Supporting the Kidney and kidney will noursih the liver or supporting the liver by inhibating the lungs(because lungs is restrict the liver) or supporting the liver by inhabiting the spleen?. i am confused about it. Can Tutor give a better understanding?

Han

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 16:33:59
| Show the author posts only

Dear Han,
To determine which organs should be nourished, which one should be supported, and which one should be inhibited is all dependent on the manifestations of the organs.

Or in another word, to see which one is in disorder, either deficiency or excess.

The deficient one of course should be nourished or supported while the excessive one should be restricted or reduced.

Tutor

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 16:34:09
| Show the author posts only

Dear Johan.
thanks for that question which also puzzles me. if I know my liver has a deficiency, I still do not know why. it maybe because of my kidney, spleen or even lung.
will we be able to understand that later on, after we learn more about diagnosis. will we be able to understand the other related (mother/child) organs later?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-04 20:08 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list