[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-28 16:32:48
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear tutor
I have heard names like 5elements acupuncture or circadian acupuncture. Are there different schools in TCM?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 16:32:58
| Show the author posts only

Dear Saho,
Yes, there are different ways of acupuncture!
Usually we don't say different schools of TCM, but different ways of acupuncture instead.
There are number of micro-systems of acupuncture in addition to the conventional body acupuncture.

In fact I don't know the termiology of circadian acupuncture, it sounds very strange.
Personally I use only body acupuncture but I don't object the use of ear acupuncture and scalp acupuncture, they could also help a number of problems. For sure a very new one abdomen acupuncture is also good.
Likewise, I don't recommend any form of the micro-systems of acupuncture.
Tutor

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 16:33:08
| Show the author posts only

[quote:ebd00aa3d3="tutor"]In fact I don't know the termiology of circadian acupuncture, it sounds very strange.[/quote:ebd00aa3d3]

In [b:ebd00aa3d3]cyrcadian acupuncture[/b:ebd00aa3d3] it is supposed that "[i:ebd00aa3d3]through a series complex calculations, a practitioner will be able to determine-according to the date and time the patient comes in for visit-what acupuncture points in the patient's body have the most surging energy flow, therefore, are open to receive the therapeutic treatment[/i:ebd00aa3d3]" (the concept of the [i:ebd00aa3d3]open point[/i:ebd00aa3d3]).

This is what they say about this technique:
[quote:ebd00aa3d3]This technique was first recorded in the book "The Flow of Zhi Wu"(Zhi Wu Liu Zhu Zhen Jing), Written by a famous ancient Chinese physician and acupuncturist, He RuoYu, in 1153 AC. Once it was introduced into the clinic practice, it received numerous positive responses. After more than 200 years of clinical trials and refinement, in 1439, the well known Chinese physician Xu Feng, included the modified and improved method of Circadian Acupuncture in his book, "The Complete Collection of Acupuncture and Moxibustion" (Zhen Jiu Da Quan), which marked the maturity of this powerful clinical application. 100 years later, Dr. Gao Wu, further perfected this application and put it in his book, "The Glorious Anthology of Acupuncture and Moxibustion"(Zhu Jiu Ju Ying).[/quote:ebd00aa3d3]
There was also a very sarcastic detailed comment posted about this approach titled [url=http://scienceblogs.com/clock/2006/07/circadian_quackery.php][b:ebd00aa3d3]Circadian Quackery[/b:ebd00aa3d3][/url].

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-05 22:37 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list