| |

Mebo--TCM Forum

Forgot password?  
 Register
Search
View: 3329|Reply: 5
Print Prev. thread Next thread

Why don't i get an answer on my polite question(s)?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-28 16:29:47
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear Tutor;

Since some time am I waiting for an answer regarding my last question.
You have not untill now not answered my question.

I thought that ot was the question under the questions.

Have you a special reason for that, e.g. not answering a students question?

Once again it would be very helpfull for me and others if you could give us some good helps as multiple choice questions to our e-mail adresses to get prepared for the examination.

With the help of this study goes faster and easier.

Untill now with all i have studied we got that even with the driver kicense examination e.g. on the examination and before the examination.

So why don't you improve this course not with those needed subjects?

Is it because you don't like that or you are not able to do that?

herewith i never doubt your skill as a teacher but what i doubt is:

In my country is the certificate of this course not accepted
This because i guess there excist no detailled informations about this study like:

These multiple choice questions which proves the total content of the level of the student

Because if we ould show that we mster those x multiple choice questions
then it is proven thatv we must have that level.

The rest like we do here is for the Dutch not acceptable vso we need an international sstandard in the form of those 3000 or more questions.

This because when we must do in Holland the theory examination they ask us too multiple choice questions.

So when we are realy prepared in Holland we are that because we can answer by Medboo's multiple choice questions all answers.

So the focus is indeed how can we prepare us on the best way on our examinations in our home country?

That could be with the help of:

A very extensive questions and answers e-book which is sent by e-mail
I personal would pay for that i always pay for extra's in live.

That is in my opinion the best improvement of the course.

At the moment there is no satisfaction because of this missing helpfull aid.

That the practical side is not there can also able to be improved by:

Webcam conference with as time scheldule for groups

Dear teacher what do you think about those improvements?

When we could prove our level of professionality by this all it ia maybe quicker recognized in our native countries and that must be solved.

So it is good for you Medboo and for the students those very needed improvements.

So please give your + reactions to + meant questions.

With the kind greetings from Holland

Tsultrim
is medicine for another

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 16:29:57
| Show the author posts only

Dear Tsultrim,
I have to say I didn't realize you were asking a question.
I just thought you made a remark.

Yes, the multiple choice is a good way of studying, and in fact, in Medboo exams there are questions by means of multiple choice.

But multiple choice is not the only way for studying, personally I think it's not the best way.

To study traditional Chinese medicine, we also need to have more ways.
Multiple choice alone is far from enough in learning TCM. In fact, in old time in China, we didn't have any format of exam similar to multiple choice, and the ancient practitioners of TCM did much better than the ones nowadays.
One reason for that is they tried to memorize everything they've learned by means of reading or from the apprenticeship in clinic.
So, when one day they have a similar situation or when they need some special ideas, they would have these literatures easily appear in their mind.

Personally I think Medboo TCM courses are serving for the prelimary study, to those who have no any knowledge of traditional Chinese medicine.
Who would imagine with only an internet online study and only 400-500 dollar US one could become a great master of traditional Chinese medicine? Certainly it's impossible.

There's also one doubt in my mind, who are doing traditional Chinese medicine better? our Chinese or the dutch people?

Where is traditional Chinese medicine doing better? in China or in Holland?

Sure, some improvement should be done in the Medboo teaching, including the increase of some more exercise, such as multiple choice.

Tutor

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 16:30:06

Dear Tsultrim,

Nice to meet you here in our study group.

Basically, we study with medboo is to improve our knowledge in TCM. But if you wish to get a practising licence in your home country, you should then find out with your local authority which schools to attend.

Regards,
Sim

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 16:30:16

I think Sim is right!
Although I don't have a clear idea about how the situation of traditional Chinese medicine in your place Tsultrim, I do suggest you to take a real school of TCM in your local region to have more specific training on the license exams.

Tutor

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
5#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 16:30:25

Dear tsultrim,
Some other Institution like Computer Software examination are all in multiple choice format. for example to be come certified xxx the exam all are in multiple choice format. So don't worry about exam. the purpose of Medboo exam is just to improve your knowledge.

But I also agree with tsultrim, Sometimes tutor didnt answer our question but maybe tutor have a reason I can understand. besides that Why not Tutor give us real clinical examples. so we can learn better and faster. for example to apply yin and yang in clinical practices, 5 elements , the essence and etc. in the course A. The problem I am facing is ,the medboo materials are all in plain texts, and I have to find lots references from internet regarding to the course A.

Best Regards,
Han

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
6#
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 16:30:37

Dear Han,

I don't remember when I forgot to answer your questions!

I don't think what you said is true.

Let me presume you prefer to say I didn't give you a direct answer.

Yes, some other Medboo friends also accused me for not giving them an answer, probably you could read the previous posts, and see that.

In fact, they blamed me even after they received my emails with the answers to their questions.

The point is what answer should I give, or wht's the optimal answer I should give?

I think that's a divergent understanding between Chinese and foreign people.

In China, especially when studying traditional Chinese medicine, teachers often won't give a direct answer to the students' questions, but just give them a hint and let them to find the answers by themselves.
You know, that's also why I said above in old time the study of traditional Chinese medicine was quite relying on memorizing as much as possible the ancient classics or literatures so to be inspired one day when the master gives a hint and you might have a good or close understanding.

In clinic, very often, a teacher would only say one word or two to the students, not enough time to give a detailed explanation, for in China, a good teacher (doctor) of traditional Chinese medicine would treat 40-plus patient within 4 hours.

Ok, I will try my best to give a direct answer to our foreign friends, for in any case, you are different from us in many aspects, culture, thinking mode, custome, ect.

As to your suggestion of giving examples of clinical practice, I think this is not a right forum to talk about that, here is the place to talk about the fundamentals of TCM, but don't worry, even in the next course, you'll have the chance, for the diagnosis is more related with the clinical practice. For sure we have some more practical courses in the later parts, course D and course G,
Fundamentals are fundamentals.

Ok, anyway, thank you for your post.

Tutor

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-05 22:12 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list