[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-28 15:59:48
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Hello everybody
I am new to the group and I have just started course A.Regarding yin and yang I have a question.As far as I understand these are two concepts reflecting duality in all phenomena.Each phenomenon could have different contradictory qualities. Everything "cold" is cold relative to something and at the same time "warm" in relation to something else.But the question is what qualities should a phenomenon have to call it yang? heat, extrovertness,positivity, musculinity? what? and the same question can also be asked about yin: negativity? colndness ?dampness? femininity?
and if the qualities that I mentioned are correct, how is it that in human body you call everything in the upper part of the dody yang? are they positive ,warm ,musculin and... simply because they are located in the upper part?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 16:00:12
| Show the author posts only

Dear Saho,
You are welcome to join this group and log in this forum.

As to your question, I think you didn't quite catch the meaning in the text.

In some books, this point is known as the infinite divison of Yin and Yang, which, I think, mostly reveals the relativity of Yin and Yang.
I.e., when in one place it is Yin, while in the other it is Yang.

So, Zang organs are Yin, but comparatively speaking, those in the upper part of the body are more Yang than those in the lower part.

Yes, most probably they are more warm, active, than the others. At least they are more close to the Sun.

So, when we say the ones in the upper part of the body is more Yang just because they are located in the upper part, so they are comparatively more Yang.

Tutor

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-05 17:39 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list