[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-28 15:02:36
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Hi,
I am enjoying the course so far although at the advanced age of 50 and not having taken an exam or done any serious study for 20 years am finding remembering a bit of a problem!!!

My background is as a child and adolescent psychiatrist and have become interested in TCM because some of my teen aged patients with ADHD are keen to join the british army and need to be drug free and I promised to look into alternative treatments. Also a long term interest in oriental approaches to life and a creeping dissatisfaction with chemical medicine have contributed.

I am interested in using the "best of both worlds" in helping my patients/clients etc to overcome their problems . In the west we seem to be increasingly turning normal life difficulties into medical diseases and losing sight of the person we are aiming to be useful to.

Interestingly none of the people I have discussed my interest with have thought me mad and most can't wait til I feel ready to 'stick a needle in me doctor' to quote a nine year old!!

Sandy[color=darkred:8724f70e1c][/color:8724f70e1c]

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 15:02:47
| Show the author posts only

Yes, acupuncture is helpful for addiction to drugs.

But it needs special training.

Indeed, in China, some acupuncture physicians are doing this job, and certain therapeutical effects have been achieved.

I never had a chance to do so.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-05 22:13 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list