relative and absolute

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-28 14:50:29
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

The equilibrium what stems from the mutual wax and wane of Yin and Yang, conforms to the law of that motion, and growth and decline are absolute, while quiescence and balance are relative. In other words, the relative stillness involves in the absolute motion, or the absolute wax and wane, while the absolute wax and wane exist in the relative balance.

Dear Tutor;

Regarding relativ and absolute things:

Did i think about the Wu chi (emptyness), which must have an absolute character.

Out of Wu Chi evolves all dualism.

From this (Wu Chi) evolves the beginning stage of the Tai Chi

From this we get the Yang and Yin which forms the Tau

from the Tau we get the Tai Chi which is relative Yin and Yang

In dualism (Yin and Yang) we can never seen absolutism except in the very source of this the Wu Chi.

So i cannot understand the relative and absolute in the following:

In other words, the relative stillness involves in the [b:39a853383d]absolute motion[/b:39a853383d], or the [b:39a853383d]absolute wax and wane,[/b:39a853383d] while the absolute wax and wane exist in the relative balance.

For me this all is relative to the only one absolute the Wu Chi. Maybe there is in my philosophy a missing link and needs a correction.

Thank you very much in advance for your attention.

Greetings from Tsultrim.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 14:50:40
| Show the author posts only

Dear Tsultrim,

I'm not a native English speaker, so my English is not that good as to choose some other words to replace the one "absolute".

But it seems you understand the meaning of the version, so I presume majority of TCM students would have a correct understanding of the meaning of that version, and I don't think they'll have a misunderstanding.

Philosophically, nothing is absolute, except Wu Ji, that's for sure, but in the reality, in comparison (that's the relativeness), something could be more absolute than the others. Is that true?

Tutor

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-01 15:58 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list