[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-28 14:49:47
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Dear Tutor;

May i introduce myself first? I am new on this site and wish to have a good time with everybody, during and after my study here.

For many years is my hobby holistic healing. It is one of my main activities in helping others.

I saw in Medboo a real good opportunity, to deepen my knowledge concerning traditional medicine.

I personal prefer Traditional Chinese Medicine above
Aryuveda and other ancient medicine. This because its diagnostic system is very logic and therefo-re "easy" for me to understand.

TCM is to me, very pure from its own and is not so mixed up with other foreign traditions. Or is it ?

Further is it very complete with: Massage (Tui Na),herbal medicine, acupuncture.Then very wonderfull is the TCM bible of the Yellow Emporer Huang Ti who is in discussion with his medical court-advisors. Very special, it owns my deep respect.

Now to my questions for the tutor:

Dear Tutor;

When i may ask, what is your name and expierence and degree in TCM ?

How many years are you working in TCM and in what function?

Now to the point:

Can you please explain to me the role of the mind in TCM ?

I heard that the heart is the source of/for feelings (emotions), wisdom, knowledge.

Does the mind posses certain meridians in the human body?

How can emotions disturb the meridian flow ?

Could you please also look at my earlier posts on this forum ?

Thank you very much in advance for your attention.

Tsultrim
is medicine for another

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 14:50:02
| Show the author posts only

Dear Tsultrim,
I think you are right, traditional Chinese medicine is quite pure, nearly no influence of the other foreign cultures, maybe just a little bit Buddhism? At least it's not a major part.

What I'd like to correct you is that the Yellow Emporer was not discussing with his medical court-advisors, but with his high officials, such as the prime minister. But do take the herbology as the mainstream of traditional Chinese medicine.

Yes, traditional Chinese medicine is a complete system, including what you have mentioned.

As to myself, I'm a tutor in Medboo, may I keep myself behind the curtain, maybe a iron curtain, or a bomboo curtain,

Something vaguely about myself:
I started to learn traditional Chinese medicine and practice the internal sect of Chinese martial arts since my early teenage and had the regular school education on traditional Chinese medicine later, and have been engaged in teaching and practicing TCM for long.

The mind in traditional Chinese medicine, I think is well stated in the text, maybe not so well stated, but in general, it's referred to all the mental and spiritual aspects of human beings, maybe a little bit more.

Mind is a pure Yang aspect and Mind is not considered as an internal organ, so it is not possessing any meridian, but it is closely connected with the heart and pericaidium meridians, and the Du (CV) meridian is also involved with the Mind. Some other meridians would have more or less connections with the Mind.

I think you are studying course A, so in the part for the Zang organs, you may find some more about the Mind. What I want to add is that since Ming Dynasty, about 500 to 600 years ago, traditional Chinese medicine changed the understanding on the matter of Mind, it is not only related with the heart, but also with the brain, so the thinking, consciousness, emotions, sleep, memory, etc, all in concerns with the mental and spiritual activities, are taken charge of by the heart and the brain.

Emotions would cause the change of Qi, then the Qi will become abnormal, so in the later part of course A, it is talking about the pathogenesis, you may find how the Qi would change with different emotions.

Finally, I'd like to express my welcome to you, you are welcome to study Medboo courses of TCM and to join this forum.

Bye!

Tutor

[quote:51aaf00927]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I personal prefer Traditional Chinese Medicine above Aryuveda and other ancient medicine. This because its diagnostic system is very logic and therefo-re "easy" for me to understand.

TCM is to me, very pure from its own and is not so mixed up with other foreign traditions. Or is it ?

Further is it very complete with: Massage (Tui Na),herbal medicine, acupuncture.Then very wonderfull is the TCM bible of the Yellow Emporer Huang Ti who is in discussion with his medical court-advisors. Very special, it owns my deep respect.

Now to my questions for the tutor:

Dear Tutor;

When i may ask, what is your name and expierence and degree in TCM ?

How many years are you working in TCM and in what function?

Now to the point:

Can you please explain to me the role of the mind in TCM ?

I heard that the heart is the source of/for feelings (emotions), wisdom, knowledge.

Does the mind posses certain meridians in the human body?

How can emotions disturb the meridian flow ?

Could you please also look at my earlier posts on this forum ?

Thank you very much in advance for your attention.

Tsultrim

[/quote:51aaf00927]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-01 19:16 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list