[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-28 14:23:23
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Hey there,

According to my understanding TCM considers health as the body being in balance.
Aside from annual check-ups Westerners would only visit a doctor if they do not feel well or if there's a major problem. This is easily noticable.
If the body, however, moves out of balance slightly then it would only be noticable by a doctor who's familiar with the diagnostic means TCM offers. In other words, the person wouldn't notice himself and wouldn't feel a need to consult a doctor. In order to make sure that imbalances are noticed early on do Chinese go to the doctor more regularly? Do they visit the doctor even because of minor discomforts?

Thanks,
Shitaifan

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 14:23:45
| Show the author posts only

It's all the same between the western and Chinese ways for visiting medical doctors!
In China, medical doctor is a well respected job, but when we say good bye to friends or even family members, we would seldom say "just call me when you need my help",
A good job, but not a very welcome one!
That's the reality.
So, only when the patients do feel they need a doctor, they would go to see one.

Some seniors understand some methods, so they would try to regulate their daily life, such as diet, tea, more sleep, or even some special ways of exercise, or even buy some herbal medicaments in herbal pharmacies.

But it doesn't mean everybody in China understands traditional Chinese medicine!

So, doctors are doctors.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-01 17:04 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list