| |

Mebo--TCM Forum

Forgot password?  
 Register
Search
View: 3432|Reply: 4
Print Prev. thread Next thread

Hours when the five elements are active?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-28 14:21:18
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Hey there,

In the course material it is mentioned that the 5 elements are associated with seasons. I was wondering during which hours (0-24h) which of the 5 elements would be active. Do they follow the promoting order, e.g. wood(0am-4am) ->fire(4am-8am), or the restricting order?
Also, does this hourly schema change according to the seasons (brightness/darkness)?

Thanks,
Shitaifan

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 14:21:31
| Show the author posts only

Hi, Shitaifan,
Yes, you may divided a day into five parts, in accordance with the five elements. So, early morning could be the wood, the noon could be the fire, the early afternoon could be the earth, the evening could be the metal, while the night could be the water.
There is no such strict scheme of hours in terms of five elements, or at least I have no idea about it personally, neither I ever heard of it.

In fact there are many different opinions on the explanation of the theory of five elements. Even the translated term "Five Elements" has been and is being fiercely debated.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-22 05:35 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list