Questions about yin-yang and five elements

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Jump to specified page
Post time: 2009-04-28 14:14:15
| Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Questions about yin-yang and five elements

Dear tutor

It's my first time to join this forum. First of all, I would like to appreciate about the course's materials which are quite clear and much useful to me for understanding more about TCM.

Still, since I'm not familiar with the Chinese ancient wisdom, I need your help to make more clear in some aspects.

As it said in the Section 1, 2.3 about dynamic equilibrium of Yin Yang that ``the human body tends to excite during the day because Yang dominates at that time but tends to inhibit at night because Yin dominates then'' I'm wondering that if ones who usually work at night time and sleep in day time, how their yin and yang works. Does human's yin-yang depends on human behaviors apart from natural environment?

Another question about the application of TCM regarding five elements. In my perception, once the lung metal is weak by itself (e.g.one too much smokes), it possibly bring about two pathogenic phenomena - fire subjugating metal by heart fire or reverse restriction by liver wood. What I wonder is that can the two phenomena occur simultaneously? if so, how difficulty we can identify the cause of the lung decease?

Thank you very much.

Sonus

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2009-04-28 14:14:33
| Show the author posts only

Dear Sonus,
It's nice to meet you here online! You are always welcome to be here with all the other Medboo friends.

Now let's clear your questions.
1). Their Yin and Yang have to shift along with their work pattern. In general the human Yin and Yang should be dependent on the natural environment, but humans are humans, the supreme living creatures, so our behaviors could also be influential to our body.
However, the long-term overturn of Yin and Yang because of the work shift is no good to the health of the body, even no good for the mental health, I should say it could undermine the health, especially the Yin part. You may see these people, their complexion is not bright, their eyes are not sparkling, and their spirit is not so energitic.
For sure if it's only a short-term behavior, it doesn't matter!
The body could be recover itself very soon.

2). In fact it's a question about the diagnosis of traditional Chinese medicine, which will be discussed in details in course B.
So, here I just say something briefly.
When it's heart that affects the lung, there must be the symptoms and signs of heart, while there will be the symptoms and signs of liver when the liver affect the lung.
That's not difficult if you know those of the heart and liver.

Hope my answer is clear and convincing.

Bye!
Best regards

Tutor

[quote:0adc29003e]Dear tutor

It's my first time to join this forum. First of all, I would like to appreciate about the course's materials which are quite clear and much useful to me for understanding more about TCM.

Still, since I'm not familiar with the Chinese ancient wisdom, I need your help to make more clear in some aspects.

As it said in the Section 1, 2.3 about dynamic equilibrium of Yin Yang that ``the human body tends to excite during the day because Yang dominates at that time but tends to inhibit at night because Yin dominates then'' I'm wondering that if ones who usually work at night time and sleep in day time, how their yin and yang works. Does human's yin-yang depends on human behaviors apart from natural environment?

Another question about the application of TCM regarding five elements. In my perception, once the lung metal is weak by itself (e.g.one too much smokes), it possibly bring about two pathogenic phenomena - fire subjugating metal by heart fire or reverse restriction by liver wood. What I wonder is that can the two phenomena occur simultaneously? if so, how difficulty we can identify the cause of the lung decease?

Thank you very much.

Sonus [/quote:0adc29003e]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|Mebo TCM Training Center ( Jing ICP Record No.08105532-2 )

2024-05-21 19:45 GMT+8

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list